I got a 4x12 that only has two 16ohm speakers in it. I need the total load to be 8 ohms so it looks like I need to get four 8ohm speakers for it. I want a big, powerful sound. Something that will counteract the brightness of my amp+tele (I need less treble) and can handle cleans as well as lots of gain. I don't want speaker breakup at all. And I want to be as loud as possible. I will be running this cab with my Mesa 2x12 with V30s and my amp is a Laney AOR 50 (single channel jcm 800 clone).

I would like to spend no more than $300 altogether. Of course, less is better.
G12's? Or whatever they are called.

So, you actually need 4 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel, for a total of 8 ohms(I think that's right)? And your going to run the 4x12 and the 2x12 in line so you have a 6x12?

What are you trying to do? Play for over 10,000 people without a PA system?
4 16ohm in parallel is 4ohm, sadly.

And I want to be loud. And more importantly, disperse the sound better (I play mostly DIY shows).

EDIT: I have an idea to save money... I could take the V30s from my Mesa, put them in the 4x12 and make it 16 ohms total and then buy two 8 ohm speakers for the Mesa to make it 16 ohm as well. Problem solved for the price of only two speakers?
Last edited by phoenix_crush at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by phoenix_crush
4 16ohm in parallel is 4ohm, sadly.

And I want to be loud. And more importantly, disperse the sound better (I play mostly DIY shows).

EDIT: I have an idea to save money... I could take the V30s from my Mesa, put them in the 4x12 and make it 16 ohms total and then buy two 8 ohm speakers for the Mesa to make it 16 ohm as well. Problem solved for the price of only two speakers?

actually, yes. sharp thinking.

with the two 16 ohm cabs you can use both 8 ohm speaker outs on you head. good call.

now on to more speaker suggestions. btw, what is the power output on your amplifier head, that'll be useful for people suggesting speakers
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
It's a 50 watt head. And apparently the Eminence Cannabis Rex are good for getting rid of excess high end. Anyone have any experience with them?
warehouse guitar speaker ET65s.

you wire them in what's called series parallel. should give you an overall 16 (fixed) ohm load.

2 sets of 2 in parallel, wired in series. ( i may have stated that backwards, i didn't pre-google this response.)

anyway, my carvin 412 was wired that way, you can probably get a wiring harness set up that way somewhere with a jack, or someone can explain how to wire it exactly.

i just know it exists and would answer your dilemma.

also, the 65s should do what you want pretty damn well, and under budget.

good luck.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 21, 2011,
if you use 4 speakers that are each 16 ohm, my understanding is yes.

also, i edited out my mistake in my last post.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 21, 2011,