I'm looking for a reverb that can get a sound like the modulation mode on the Boss RV-5 (I previously owned one, but after it broke I think I'm going to find a different pedal). I've basically narrowed it down to a EHX Cathedral combined with a chorus or possibly the TC Electronics NV-1, but I really need to know what the modulation mode sounds like on that. Here are some videos showing the kind of sound I'm trying to achieve:
http://youtu.be/8jWoAUoUzaI
http://youtu.be/DfC-OVoGGOc

Which would you say is better? Or do you have any other suggestions.
i really liked the mod reverb on my hardwire reverb when i had it

also, how did the rv-5 break? it could be something simple. boss pedals are pretty sturdy. if you like the sound of it, i'd try to find another if the current one can't be fixed
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Jun 20, 2011,
cathedral can get you most of the way there actually, makes some really beautiful sounds

add a dedicated loop pedal and i think you'll be able to do the job
I just got the Hall of Fame Reverb from TC Electronics, really good for its price IMO i was messing around with it today as soon as it came in the mail and man i love it already, the modulation on it sounds pretty cool i like it the most out of the reverb types, the toneprint option is pretty cool, they have this modulated toneprint u can download onto the pedal through USB and that was my favorite out of all them, that toneprint gives u reverb with chorus, tri chorus, flanger, tri flanger and vibrato depending on the tone knob setting so you may be able to find what you're looking for with that. I'd highly recommend it, i like it more than the Hardwire Reverb Pedal from Digitech, the only thing it really has on the TC is the reverse reverb but thats about it in my opinion, both about the same price if i remember
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Yeah, I might end up getting the Cathedral and adding a chorus.
Also, My RV-5 was defective. It just started popping and buzzing uncontrollably.
accually, my only last question is if the Cathedral can get an 100% wet signal, where as the RV-5 just lays the wet signal over the dry signal.
yes if you dial up the blend knob all the way it gives a 100% wet signal
Last edited by funeralllllllll at Jun 21, 2011,
No budget?

Eventide Space
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
No budget?

Eventide Space

This. 1000000 hardons for this.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
This. 1000000 hardons for this (Eventide Space).

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.