If you put a much higher output pickup in you may have an issue of volume difference when switching between pickups. also if you like using both middle and bridge pickups at once, the bridge may overpower the middle if it is too hot.

Just a thought to keep in mind when choosing a pickup. I don't have any specific recommendations though. For anyone who does know alot about pickups you might want to tell us what your budget is.
I find that the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbcuker does a great job in HSS Strats. It's really beefy sounding but it's not TOO stark a contrast to the single coils.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by joe_k
If you put a much higher output pickup in you may have an issue of volume difference when switching between pickups. also if you like using both middle and bridge pickups at once, the bridge may overpower the middle if it is too hot.

you can compensate for this by lowering the HB away from the strings, i had to do that. if you double the distance from the strings you quarter the output.

i use a suhr SSH, it sounds good. you may want a doug eldritch. i also put a coil tap on the pup so i can make it single coil, i get the best of both worlds and love the hell outta it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I dunno I don't use bridge pick up I either do hum or neck. Nothing else. I want a more beefier tone.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
I dunno I don't use bridge pick up I either do hum or neck. Nothing else. I want a more beefier tone.

the humbucker is the bridge pup.

heavier than the stock pup can do, what stuff is that pup coming up short on?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Or be a crazy bastard like me and add a second SC at the bridge a la Robbie Robertson. I have mine on a switch so I can run them parallel/series/single. The downside is that you have to do a bit of chisel work to make it fit even in a body routed for HSS. If it's RW/RP you end up with a humbucker.
This way you still get your bridge "humbucker" on an angle but all the pole pieces still line up properly beneath the strings.
Not for everybody but if you want to get that Robbie Robertson growl, it's the ticket. Just throwing that out there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification