I've always heard that bridge covers are just for show but i saw i guy who said he put paper in his for a muted sound. Any ideas on uses for a bridge cover other than looks.
Ashtray?

There are more reliable ways to mute your strings than shoving paper into a bridge cover.

I've seen people rest their palm on a neck pickup cover but bridge covers have always seemed to be just for show.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jun 20, 2011,
Marcus Miller anchors his thumb on the Rhythm pickup cover of his Jazz bass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Back in the days when they didn't pot the pickups they were supposed to reduce the hum come from the electromagnetic interference of the wiring back then.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Nowadays bridge covers are there mostly to look good. I've heard of people putting foam underneath the cover and on top of the strings as a mute, rather then the usual foam under the strings at the bridge.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass