hello, Im considering buying these pickups as i play music like electric wizard, kyuss, sleep, high on fire, melvins, ufomammut, and isis. I have about 3 questions. Please bare with me...

1. I am playing out of an epiphone g400. do I need f spaced or regular? I think I need regular...can someone clarify this with me?

2. The dimarzio's are like 60 some bucks. Does only one pickup come with that? or is there two like a set?

3. Should I have two dimarzio super distortion pickups in my guitar. or should I have two different pickups. ex. emg. neck, Super dist. bridge. I like the idea of two of the same pickups. but will that give me the same tone twice? or will the positions alter the tone?

Idk, im lost....can anyone give me some insight please?

Oh and I just bought a Boss Fz-2 hyper fuzz! Ya you're jelly!
1. "f spaced" pickups are for Fender or Floyd Rose guitars; the string spacing on those types of guitars are different than standard, hence the F. So no, you should just get the normal kind.

2. It's only one pickup.

3. The position of the pickup does affect the tone. However, I would not suggest getting a Super Distortion for the neck position; The Super Distortion is a REALLY high output pickup and is not very good for cleans. I would get something along the lines of a PAF Pro.

Hope this helps.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I have a Super Distortion in my guitar, great for stoner/doom.

1. F spaced is for Fenders, so a regular would be fine.

2. Only comes with one, look on eBay used, got mine for $35.

3. Depends on what sound you want really, another type of pickup would be useful for solos and such. I only have the one pickup in my guitar though.
Thanks to both you guys.

+1 for the sleep signature/reference

But, from what I've gathered, I should put a regular super distortion in the bridge?
What about the neck, preferably something cheap?
Another thing is, jus Oborn (if you don't know this man you need to learn) I think uses two super distortions, and he sounds great! why shouldnt I do it?
Yes, regular SD in the bridge.

I suggested the DiMarzio PAF Pro in my above post for the neck pickup.

Well, considering that you're into Doom/Stoner metal, I'm gonna assume that you're not using the clean channel on your amp very often, so if you want to get closer to one of your favorite player's sound, go for it. The SD will give you a very fat and warm distortion sound in the neck position.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Thanks for all the help guys! I'll just go with the dual SD's, because youre right, Im just gonna be blaring my hyper fuzz all the time. I don't really need to much clean. Unless, I play the first 30 or so seconds of Funeralopolis Haha! or the occasional clean kyuss songs. Damn, shits expensive though. gonna go with msiciansfriend.com as there are no good deals on ebay at the moment... oh well, free shipping.
What amp are you using by the way? Also, I have a DiMarzio D-Activator neck pickup I never ended up installing, would sell it to you for $25 shipped.
I actually dont have any more money right now, sorry.

I am playing out of a little 35w orange solid state at the moment.

and I think im just gonna run two SD humbuckers in my SG because I think thats what jus does. or is that really stupid?