Price: $1000 preferably, but will stretch to $2500 (i know its a huge difference, but i've yet to find a guitar for under $1800 i've liked)
New/Used: doesn't make a difference to me - i dont care either way. used market isn't huge in my area so it'll most likely be new.
Style: everything from pop, rock, alternative, to metal... yes, i detune my acoustics and play my own unique style of metal with my buddies which incorporates and acoustic
Gigging: Yes, come winter
Studio Recording: Yes.

Background Story:
I've narrowed my search to two main guitars, but if there are others I absolutely must play before I buy, let me know. just for all those who will suggest them, I dont like Taylor, Martin and I especially hate Gibson. I just haven't found one to date that I have liked the overall package of (sound, feel, looks, price). I have fallen for these two guitars:

Breedlove: American C25 CRe (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Breedlove-American-Series-C25-CRe--Herringbone-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-423834-i1802592.gc#)
what concerns me however is that it might be too bass heavy. the highs arent as pronounced which translates to each string being a little less defined than my other top pick guitar when playing complex chords. the guitar at my local shop is $1800 btw

Stonebridge: G22CR-C (http://www.stonebridgeguitars.com/Catalog-Page-G22CR-C/Model-G22CR-C.html).
this guitar is currently on sale for $2050, and marked down from $2750 (no thats not MSRP. thats actually the price. i go in and play these almost weekly). its got a balanced sound, with each frequency coming across beautifully. this instrument sings beautifully. however i feel it might be a little lacking in the low end when using a pick. there's also no pickup which adds more expense to the already high price. i like large frets and this one has ones more on the smaller end. it does in no way make it harder to play, but its just a feel thing for me since both my electrics have larger frets.

A close competitor to these guitars for me is the Larrivee VL-03RE (http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/127/Guitars/Acoustic/Larrivee/LV-03RE.htm). Not going to talk much about this one, I think its my third favourite.

Anyway. I'd love to hear any opinions about what you guys think of these guitars. Which do you think has the worse cons?

As a deciding factor, I have about $1200 saved up currently. I might just go ahead and finance the guitar. If I go 1 year, there's its 0% (or very close to it) for most stores. I will have the money to afford these guitars by December. Do you think I should wait or go ahead with the finance?

(sorry for the wall of text)
Last edited by User_Name336 at Jun 21, 2011,
I think you'll be better off asking this on a forum with more activity. Try AGF , those guys and girls know loads and loads about expensive guitars like these.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28