Hey hey pit.

What has been yours or your bands biggest balls up.
E.g messing up a gig...

Mine would have to be arriving for a gig only to realise my guitarist was expecting a lift from me, which I had forgotten and also the drummer goin to the wrong venue.
The drummer forgetting his drum sticks I guess no big deal really.

Oh, and the singer forgetting the ****ING WORDS urghhhhh we still give him shit for it.
my mum packed me a plain muesli bar instead of a fruit rollup. i was so upset i didn't want to play.
My Denver show.

Quote by Weaponized

Oh, and the singer forgetting the ****ING WORDS urghhhhh we still give him shit for it.

Messing up the words happens, the audience can't tell unless you're famous.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 21, 2011,
I was totally playing in front of all these people and these girls were going crazy, then... BAM I woke up.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by supersac
once i playd a B7 chord instead of an E chord

its worse than it sounds everyone noticed
EVERYONE and they werent forgiving

lol.

i've scratched solos, but nothing that anybody noticed.

they're all too busy running around banging their little heads for us XD
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Forgetting to bring extra strings. Played 3 hours of funk w/o the high e.
Quote by blake1221

Messing up the words happens, the audience can't tell unless you're famous.

We were covering that A Day to Remember song most people know >.>

It wasn't my idea, chugging power chords isn't my idea of good metal (or in their case good music)
Last edited by Weaponized at Jun 21, 2011,
I've never really performed live but one of the two times I have the amp I was using was shit and broke, so I couldn't really fix it myself. I wasn't even playing much in that song but it still pissed me off because I couldn't hear myself.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
when somebody knobkced the wallwart of my and other guitarist's amps... sucked hard, i had to take out a harmonica and start playing it while the bass and drum were still going on, later people said i plaid well on harp and to my presonse the amps died they were like really??

stupid people!!!
My strap-lock has broke a few times. My old, old band played a Christmas show and as we were very energetic as a band on stage, my strap lock bust on my bass after the first song after I flung it around alot. Had to spend the rest of the gig with one knee on a monitor.
Of course the drummer would go to the wrong venue. You should have gotten him a cab, because they lack the intelligence to get there on their own.
My first gig was horrible. I was out of tune, couldn't play in time, our singer wasn't in tune and didn't know the words, our drummer was far too loud. And to make it worse, we had a 3 song setlist which consisted of We Will Rock You by Queen, You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi and My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne. It was a horrible, horrible gig.
When our drummer played the wrong ****ing song. We still havn't let him live it down. Luckily, by the second bar he realised, and played something slightly inbetween the two, and then by the third, he fixed it up. At a recent gig he actually thought the song had finished, and we were all left ringing. Being smart though, he did a 4 beat fill and brought it all back though. That guy has a knack for fixing up his (many) mistakes.

Mine personally -
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453391&page=1&pp=20

Playing a 30 minute set with a lot of real shreddy metal shit, without a B string. Sucks bro
There was a screamo bad playing a gig where I worked. Guitarist thought he was awesome at guitar and started thrashing around trying to look cool. Unfortunately for him, his jeans came down and he fell flat on his face.
This kids, is why you should wear your jeans properly, not over your ass.
We would have played a gig at a festival if only my band would have learned the songs.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
I couldn't hear the other guitars, and we head no drummer. Suffice to say, when I had my solo, I went into my own world, played out of time, and it sounded shite.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I played a particularly bad one a few weeks ago. No monitors on stage and the mix coming out front of house sounded like ****ing white noise. No idea why the promoter thought hiring his buddy who'd never done sound for a live gig but whatever.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
For some reason the drummer I was playing with insisted that we play 'Iron Man' by Black Sabbath, and he wanted to break his drum sticks at the end of the song (don't even ask me why).

Being 12 and just played a couple songs in front of the school (first time performing) I wanted to get back on stage as soon as possible, so my response was: Why not?

I ended up playing 8 minutes of the same Iron Man riff over and over because the moron couldn't break his drum sticks, and every single time I looked over to give him the "Let's just ****ing stop" look he'd give me an angry look and shake his head.

I haven't played with him since.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
For some reason the drummer I was playing with insisted that we play 'Iron Man' by Black Sabbath, and he wanted to break his drum sticks at the end of the song (don't even ask me why).

Being 12 and just played a couple songs in front of the school (first time performing) I wanted to get back on stage as soon as possible, so my response was: Why not?

I ended up playing 8 minutes of the same Iron Man riff over and over because the moron couldn't break his drum sticks, and every single time I looked over to give him the "Let's just ****ing stop" look he'd give me an angry look and shake his head.

I haven't played with him since.

Not sure if serious.

I would have smacked him.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Right when I was getting to the final chorus of my cover of American Pie by Don McLean the subway came roaring into the station and drowned out the whole thing. Damned A train.
Quote by Banjocal
Not sure if serious.

I would have smacked him.

I am serious, and the guy was 17 at the time. So I was too scared to do anything really.
Quote by theogonia777

>drummer hits the bass a few times
>kid does a slow bend
>"woo!"

I turned it off there.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I am serious, and the guy was 17 at the time. So I was too scared to do anything really.

Well, he is a massive penis-muncher.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I forgot to mention in my post that one of the guitarist in a band I'm in plays rather sloppily. He says he's played for 5 something years and I still play some stuff cleaner than him, not even played for 2 years.

It's actually painful to watch him (he's a friend and bandmember) go into this typical "cool" rocker stance and play something "too fast" and sloppy with a rather crappy tone.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Last edited by Low Man's Lyric at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

17 and he wanted to play Iron Man and break his drum sticks...

that kid needs to grow up and get into some REAL Sabbath haha
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by Low Man's Lyric
I forgot to mention in my post that one of the guitarist in a band I'm in plays rather sloppily. He says he's played for 5 something years and I still play some stuff cleaner than him, not even played for 2 years.

It's actually painful to watch him (he's a friend and bandmember) go into this typical "cool" rocker stance and play something "too fast" and sloppy with a rather crappy tone.

I've been playing around 4 years, I'm not sure exactly how long, but there was this guy in my work who'd been playing for 6 years. That's something I never would have guessed had he not told me, and when he did tell me I nearly fell the **** over. He was God awful. Like, imagine every don't of good technique, and then imagine a guy doing them all at once. Like, picking from the arm, tensing up, holding very little of the pick, didn't use his pinky... I could barely watch the guy play. Needless to say he couldn't play worth a lick, which would have been OK did he not insist on plugging his non-brand strat into the Marshall stack we have there, and not skipping a beat when it came to turning the treble up to eleven.

I don't know how these people exist, but they do.

ANYWAY

I have mine on film kinda. School talent show a few years ago. The screech of feedback is what happens when you put a top hat on a microphone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtkChSpSHk&feature=player_detailpage#t=164s
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
^A lot of it comes from motivation/practice. The more dedicated (and more guided) they are, the more likely they are to progress. If they just learn a couple of songs by looking up tabs and thats it, it's not gounna happen.

/statingtheobvious

And the audience didn't seem to mind
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
^A lot of it comes from motivation/practice. The more dedicated (and more guided) they are, the more likely they are to progress. If they just learn a couple of songs by looking up tabs and thats it, it's not gounna happen.

And the audience didn't seem to mind

Man I was considered a hero after that show.

Although saying that, most of those kids had probably never been made to sit and listen to a blues solo, never mind seen a guy playing a guitar behind his head and with his teeth (not simultaneously, before you go rushing to click that link, dear reader).

I was told later on that one of the teachers who comes in for like two periods a week or whatever and is totally bangin' had showed up with her boyfriend, and sat in awe at my badass skizzizzles, pissing off said boyfriend.

This all seems ultra hilarious when I look back at how shit I was...

Man I just keep rambling. Don't do drugs kids.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
^The great thing about the general public being semi-musically illiterate is that you don't have to be great to impress an audience Still, it sounded alright.

I haven't tried playing with my teeth, I admit. I really need to get playing live I did a church gig a while back, which was fun, but I want to start doing some really giggery. Ipswich sucks - just generic blues rock and shred players here

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
^The great thing about the general public being semi-musically illiterate is that you don't have to be great to impress an audience Still, it sounded alright.

truer words have never been spoken.

i just wish i had my band's Through the Fire and Flames cover. the drummer's dad filmed it, but the camera died halfway through. it wasn't a bad cover, especially compared to that one there.

anyway, here are some of mine. not sure which ones are bad, but a couple of them are pretty obvious. i'm playing lead, off screen for most of the videos. good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcInITV48Z0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHWebd9wcQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OeDV2-kIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHHYOcGxXY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxZPFIWcb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqMjh6pAqa4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcZ8XPaiac
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 6, 2011,