Hey guys. So I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now, but I'm not as advanced as many 2 year players. Reason being- I taught myself to play, but I never used a certain method. All I've done is get on UG and learn the tabs to my favorite songs. (Most of which are EXTREMELY easy like Blink, Day to Remember, etc.) I love nothing more than playing but I do want to improve majorly on skill, so my question is, What should I do from here? I have basics down very solid but I want to be more advanced. Are there any methods, exercises, or techniques I should be working on? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help ahead of time.

God Bless.
Jesse.
Music Theory and guitar techniques such as playing while relaxed, economy of motion etc.

Learning other styles of music (say..Tommy Emmanuel - just cuz I think he's awesome)
start broadening your musical horizons. listen to a lot of other music, and pick out songs you like. theres really no correct way to learn, i learned much the same way you did, i just started out playing harder stuff so i had to build technique as well. practice your vibrato, hammers and pulls, slides, bends, and so on. then you can move on to more advanced stuff like tapping, arpeggios, sweep picking and the like.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212