Just recorded our full length. Gonna burn our CD's DIY at home and we're having trouble getting the songs to stay in order. We also want the track titles and stuff to show up on everyone's computer when they put the disc in. We want to use WAV files but we can't edit WAV tags... any ideas?
Last edited by drewfromutah at Jun 21, 2011,
Do you have a Mac or a PC? If it's Mac, and (assuming you have Logic Studio), WaveBurner will take care of all that you need. With a PC, I'm not really sure about.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
We'll be burning from both PC's and Macs, but I need to get the tags done on my pC (basically I want to get all the files done, put them in my Dropbox, and make everyone in my band burn a dozen or so at home).
All I can say is don't use cheap blanks. Some of them don't take that additional information.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Well I use Pro Tools to record, Reaper to convert to MP3 and Audio Shell Tag Editor (ASTE) to edit the tags. You can use Audio Shell Tag Editor on WAV files so no worries there. I use PC as well so I'm not entirely sure if it will work on Mac but it's worth a shot. You can put track numbers in ASTE, then import into Windows Media Player or whatever Media Player you use and it should work fine. Good luck and I hope that helps.
I can't believe no one pointed out that he was trying to use wav. files on a cd. This won't really work if you plan on having someone listen to it in their car. They need to be mp3. format and you can use Windows Media Player to edit the tags when you burn the cd. This is what I did for my bands demo and they show up on other computers
Quote by Kyleisthename
I can't believe no one pointed out that he was trying to use wav. files on a cd. This won't really work if you plan on having someone listen to it in their car. They need to be mp3. format and you can use Windows Media Player to edit the tags when you burn the cd. This is what I did for my bands demo and they show up on other computers

I can't believe you really believe what you just said

CD's were around for roughly 2 decades (someone from back then correct me, please) before MP3 showed up...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Kyleisthename
all cd players I've tried won't play the cd unless it's a mp3. on it

Then you're obviously not authoring/burning the CD's properly, are you? A typical .wav file of a song bounced straight from any DAW is much higher quality than a .mp3 file; all commercial (and most freeware) CD authoring software accepts .wav as the standard file format for a song.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Then you're obviously not authoring/burning the CD's properly, are you? A typical .wav file of a song bounced straight from any DAW is much higher quality than a .mp3 file; all commercial (and most freeware) CD authoring software accepts .wav as the standard file format for a song.

So what is the trick to getting them tagged properly so they'll show up in order with track and album titles on any computer?
There is no trick as far as I'm aware, just use software designed for properly authoring commercial CDs. I As someone already mentioned, Waveburner (bundled with Logic Studio) is an example for Mac users, and the one I use. Just google CD authoring software though.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
There is no trick as far as I'm aware, just use software designed for properly authoring commercial CDs. I As someone already mentioned, Waveburner (bundled with Logic Studio) is an example for Mac users, and the one I use. Just google CD authoring software though.

Great! Thanks for the info.
Sony CD Architect is the ONLY program I trust to burn CD's properly when talking studio.

Then again, that's to make a master disc. Once you do that, there is duplication software out there.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Nobody here has the answer yet.

When you stick a CD into your computer, the computer (whether windows media player, iTunes, quicktime, whatever) goes to the internet and searches a database for the song info and gets it on line.

Here's how it works....

You've got a CD that has ten songs on it. The track lengths go something like this:
1) 4:21
2) 3:37
3) 3:04
4) 3:57

... etc....

The software analyzes this structure, and as you can appreciate, the odds of any two CD's having the same number of songs, with the same track lengths in the same order are roughly the same as being struck by lightning. It finds the album in that database that matches that description, and pulls down the titles, album cover, etc. - whatever is in the database, and displays it in your media player.

There are two databases, and last I heard, one of them was in the process of gobbling up the other, and I can't remember which was which. The two you are looking for are:
- Gracenote
- CDDB

You can go to one of those sites and download software that will allow you to upload the information to their database.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.