For the past year or so, I keep waking up and thinking there are people standing in my room. Sometimes it is people I now, and sometimes it is just randomers. I usually feel embarrassed because i'm in bed, or I am confused about why they are there, but I never feel fear.

I usually sit up in my bed and try to act like it's not unusual that i'm sleeping in my bedroom with other people around, and am in this half-asleep state so I don't realize that I am making it up.

Eventually I have to convince myself with logic that there is no one in my room, but I still believe they are there and go to sleep anyways.

Anyone else experience anything similar to this?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Yeah I used to get something similar. It got worse for a while, then it went away altogether when I started taking antipsychotics.
maybe candlejack is coming to take you aw
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

We need to tighen that straitjacket of yours man, you got to typing again.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by fearofthemark
maybe candlejack is coming to take you aw

dayum thats a reference from way back
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I used to feel like something was forcibly holding me down to my bed. went away a few months back. your not alone brah
Psychosis (from the Greek ψυχή "psyche", for mind/soul, and -ωσις "-osis", for abnormal condition) means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". People suffering from psychosis are described as psychotic. Psychosis is given to the more severe forms of psychiatric disorder, during which hallucinations and delusions and impaired insight may occur. Some professionals say that the term psychosis is not sufficient as some illnesses grouped under the term "psychosis" have nothing in common (Gelder, Mayou & Geddes 2005).
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
You see dead people. I used to get the feeling I was held down. It's actually a type of paralysis. Your body releases chemicals to keep you from acting out your dreams. Sometimes you wake up early...creepy feeling.
Last edited by hazydavy at Jun 21, 2011,
Sleep with the lights on.

But seriously, se a psychiatrist. They can help you and give you happy pills.
It's NEVER Lupus
My Gear:
2010 Fender Highway One strat
2010 Epi Les Paul Standard
2005 Squier p bass
2007 Yamaha F310
2011 Epiphone Korina Firebird
2013 Hudson Telecaster
Kustom Quad 200 (4x12)
Fender frontman 212r
Quote by son_of_bodom
I used to feel like something was forcibly holding me down to my bed. went away a few months back. your not alone brah

Sleep paralysis maybe?
Drink lots of green tea It helps if it is a mild problem Also try and stay positive
I get this quite regularly. I'm pretty sure Bongmaster is right, its just a mild case of psychosis. I don't think its anything you necessarily need drugs or therapy for. More often than not I think my brother is standing at the end of my bed and I yell at him to go away for a while until I realise there's no one there. I've had some pretty crazy ones before as well, like one time I woke up and was utterly convinced that spiders were crawling through the cracks in the windows and freaked out. I didn't remember a thing about it the next day, my girlfriend had to tell me what I did. I smoke a fair bit of grass which probably doesn't help much. The interesting thing is, it doesn't feel like real life, it feels more like I'm dreaming but it is real life. If that makes any sense...
Quote by Alex Vik
Sleep paralysis maybe?

I just did some quick reading on it. this sounds exactly like my problem. It was like I would wake up and be aware that I wanted to get up, but my body wouldn't move. thought I was possessed. thanks.
I sometimes have a paralysis just after falling asleep. I get this kind of stumble feeling, like dropping from a building. Than waking up with my teeth clenched together and not able to move...
It seems like a LOT of people experience or have at some point experienced sleep paralysis. I'm always hearing someone mention it freaked out, not knowing what it is - and dozens of other people replying saying they get it too and explaining what it is.

It sounds quite fascinating, though I'm sure I should be pretty thankful I've never experienced it myself.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Why are half of you helpful people going, "It's probably psychosis"? How would you know? Unless you're all psychiatrists, stfu! Yes, it might be good for TS to see a doctor about this, but don't be pegging him/her with something when none of us really know.
Sounds similiar to Sleep Paralysis. Basically your concious but your body and parts of your mind are still in a sleep or dream state. With some people you lose the ability to move which can make for extremely frightening circumstances of hallucinations and being unable to move to do anything about it. Other times there is no paralysis and you simply wake up to a reality that's slightly crossed with a dream state, meaning you have odd feelings as though someone or something is there, or perhaps hearing things that arent actually happening or in severe cases, hallucinating.

Happened to me just once so far, it was horrifying to see your bedroom, see the hallucinations (in my case just a dark figure in the corner of my room) and being entirely unsure if your asleep or awake.

Your not insane TS
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Could be a form of Dream paralysis. better check that out.
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why are half of you helpful people going, "It's probably psychosis"? How would you know? Unless you're all psychiatrists, stfu! Yes, it might be good for TS to see a doctor about this, but don't be pegging him/her with something when none of us really know.
Dude, chill. Didn't you know that online communities are the best place to seek medical advice?

I can't think of a single instance when someone has taken false advice from the internet and caused harm.
There are no people, only my cameras.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I'm not TOO worried about it to be honest because I never get into a really frightened panicky stage. I think you are right about the crossing between reality and dreams part, and I have a small history of sleep paralysis.

I think the absolute worst thing that happened to me a few times was where I had sleep paralysis and was sleeping face down in my pillow. I would feel like I was suffocating but couldn't move, then would wake up just in time to gasp for breath. Scared the **** out of me :X
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
I usually feel embarrassed because i'm in bed

yeah i hate it when people find out I sleep in a bed. Its so embarrassing.

I had a similar problem though TS. Only I would wake up and people would be in my room, but I would try to convince myself that I was imagining them, because seriously, why the **** would someone be in my room while im asleep? One time I locked eyes with the person and masturbated furiously. and that was the end of that problem.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
yeah i hate it when people find out I sleep in a bed. Its so embarrassing.

I had a similar problem though TS. Only I would wake up and people would be in my room, but I would try to convince myself that I was imagining them, because seriously, why the **** would someone be in my room while im asleep? One time I locked eyes with the person and masturbated furiously. and that was the end of that problem.
And then your poor old grandmother said "Oh dear, I don't think this is the bathroom..."
I used to hallucinate food while in bed at like 6 years old. I would sit bolt upright at 3 am and see a plate of tacos or steak or something at the foot of my bed. This happened dozens of times and every single time it happened I tried to grab the food and was very upset when it disappeared. Sometimes I was even convinced that the food was real, but turned invisible and I tried to eat it anyway.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I didn't say anything of the sort...just shared some personal experience.
Quote by sacamano79
For the past year or so, I keep waking up and thinking there are people standing in my room. Sometimes it is people I now, and sometimes it is just randomers. I usually feel embarrassed because i'm in bed, or I am confused about why they are there, but I never feel fear.

I usually sit up in my bed and try to act like it's not unusual that i'm sleeping in my bedroom with other people around, and am in this half-asleep state so I don't realize that I am making it up.

Eventually I have to convince myself with logic that there is no one in my room, but I still believe they are there and go to sleep anyways.

Anyone else experience anything similar to this?

Yeah, it'll continue like a dream for a minute, but I eventually realize I'm in my room. Last time, I think, was over a year ago. I thought I was playing guitar for people, and I woke up playing my guitar in the dark with the side of my head resting on the shoulder.

I'd really like a recording of the music I played cause I have a feeling it was actually good.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I used to get something similar when I was younger. Usually after a party or a concert, I'd wake up in the middle of the night and think I was at the event I had been to that night. I would believe it for a few minutes, before 'waking up' and snapping back to reality. I don't think what I had is the same as what you have, though, TS.