So I just bought a crybaby 535q of thebay for cheap that was broken, thinking I could fix it. But I thought Id come see if you guys have any ideas what might be wrong. The wah works in bypass but once turned on theres no sound at all, besides maybe a little static when I move it (this may be because I kept the back plate off when I tested it). So Im guessing this means this means that the switch works, and now think it maybe the pot thats dead? Anyway, any input or even experiences of this would be great, thanks!
Sounds like the pot to me. I am looking at getting a Crybaby/Vox but I keep hearing about the pots not lasting more than a year?
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
Sounds like the pot to me. I am looking at getting a Crybaby/Vox but I keep hearing about the pots not lasting more than a year?

This is the first wah ive ever had, so I couldnt say how long they last. Cant say Ive heard that they dont last very long. Although clearly mine hasnt! It still has the plastic stuff on the bottom.
Fair enough. In your case, if the signal is lost when you activate the pedal, it sounds like the pot inside has died. I'm sure a new one can be installed by yourself if you have a bit of soldering experience, probably alot cheaper than getting it done in a shop
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
strange thing just happened, it kinda just started working! However it doesn't seem as useable as I would have thought, the sweep tends to happen pretty late, theres a slight scratchyness about it (dodgy pot im guessing) and the volume cuts slightly when activated (the boots really boosts it though), maybe this is just the mode that its in? theres a pot on the side which says wah range but I cannot turn it because the knob is missing...Anyone know where to get a knob with a big enough hole? I tried my guitars volume knob on it and its too small.
I've had my 535Q for a couple years, and the saw tooth that spins the pot... well the lithium grease will go on it eventually. I haven't redone mine yet and everytime I use the wah I get a very distinctive squeakm that transmits through the amplifier
Quote by Fruityjuice
I've had my 535Q for a couple years, and the saw tooth that spins the pot... well the lithium grease will go on it eventually. I haven't redone mine yet and everytime I use the wah I get a very distinctive squeakm that transmits through the amplifier

oops, I wiped 90% of that stuff off when I was cleaning it... oh well,I thought it could have been a bit smoother! Couldnt you just use any old grease though?
I suppose you could, but if you ever come across lithium grease, supposably it stays better. I tried using vaseline, but it doesn't work at all... once the friction burns the plastic it's hard to get anything working without a squeak, short of replacing the white plastic piece.