Hey guys whats up? New to the forum I m not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have been working on a tab for about a half hour. I wanted to know if this looks good. I have only been playing since december. Let me know what you guys think.

**AlanHB coded**

e---10—10/12---------------------------------------------------------10----|
B------------------12-10------10-8------------------------8--10/12--------|
G---------------------------12--------9--7-----7-9b-7-------------------12*|
D---------------------------------------------9----------------------------------|
A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Quote by Sean0913
What is it?

That's a weird question.

Sean

Its my own work really.
Here is more:

e|--10/12--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--10/12---------------------------------------------10--12--------8/10-------|
G|-----------12---7--9-------7---9/12---14---12------------12*---------12--|
D|-------------------------b9-------------------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Well, is this supposed to be played fast? Slow? Soft? Agressive?
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by 007dude
Well, is this supposed to be played fast? Slow? Soft? Agressive?

The moderate end of slow... if that makes any sense at all. The solo to wish you were here inspired some of it too. Most of it is my own work tho.
Quote by DearMoose
Put it into code tags, its just a mess of lines and digits like this.

How do I do this? I am new lol
Quote by FloydFan420
How do I do this? I am new lol

Go to advanced and press the button: Wrap [ C O D E ] tags around selected text. (#-button) should look like this:
e|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-12-10----10---------|
D|-------12------12-10-|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
lalala
you could just record it and upload it onto your channel......question mark
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Sean0913
Just looks like a Pentatonic riff to me, I'd guess in G. I'd guessed that you're into Gilmour, by your name. I imagine it sounds pretty good, but I have no way of telling you more than that.

Best,

Sean

Huge Gilmour fan lol.
Quote by FloydFan420
Huge Gilmour fan lol.

I love Gilmour, too: his solos especially. He once said something along the lines of: "I'm not very good at lead, so I just bend a lot." Sounds great, though.

I'll give you some advice, TS; I think that Gilmour's solos feel so emotional and sound so great is because he takes rests during his solos, keeps each idea brief and lets it stand on its own. Too many guitarists just try to fill every possible second and never stop to reflect.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
learn to notate rhythms, man. this is why sheet music > tab. i know tab can represent rhythms, but be realistic -- so few people know how to do that properly, comparatively speaking of course.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by soviet_ska
I'll give you some advice, TS; I think that Gilmour's solos feel so emotional and sound so great is because he takes rests during his solos, keeps each idea brief and lets it stand on its own. Too many guitarists just try to fill every possible second and never stop to reflect.

So true! Not only for guitar, drums for example too.. Learned that in a jazzband
Quote by AeolianWolf
learn to notate rhythms, man. this is why sheet music > tab. i know tab can represent rhythms, but be realistic -- so few people know how to do that properly, comparatively speaking of course.

Scores can be a real help indeed, but for some reason difficult when you need to learn it. Strange though, add a line and the length divides by 2. Never understood why so many people quit the lessons just for that. I did never lived those lessons 'cause I was too young so I may just don't see why.

Anyway: just keep on practicing floydfan. And if you get the chance, learn some notes. It never hurts!
lalala