http://www.koreus.com/video/tsunami-japon-interieur-voiture.html

this guy is just driving around in his car, and his dashboard cam catches a first hand account of the tsunami disaster. Everything happens so suddenly, really crazy to watch.

gives you some disturbing insight on what it mustve been like.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Why do people want to see things like this? Let's all take a gander at the suffering of other people, sounds like a great time to appreciate how fortunate I am in the face of their horror?

It's disgusting.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Why do people want to see things like this? Let's all take a gander at the suffering of other people, sounds like a great time to appreciate how fortunate I am in the face of their horror?

It's disgusting.

Whether or not it's disgusting it's natural for people to be fascinated.
Quote by strat0blaster

It's disgusting.

Why would you want to see a tragic play? Or listen to a sad song? Or watch a drama?

It's just the basic human curiosity into the opposite side of the emotional spectrum. It's not that people LOVE watching tragedy, and destruction, but it's something that most of us will never really experience, or know, and it gives an insight into it.

I'm not saying I love it, or enjoy it, per se, but it's a pretty basic human fascination we all have, in varying degrees.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Lol at the guy in the beginning running back to close the door of his car

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I find that being able to actually TURN AROUND to close your car door when a tsunami is coming hilarious.

EDIT: also, there's nothing disgusting about the video, there's a bunch of water, cars and junk and nothing more.
Quote by Timothym
Whether or not it's disgusting it's natural for people to be fascinated.

Maybe I'm just a freak of nature, but I don't find other people's suffering fascinating. Again, I wasn't attacking anyone with my first statement, I just don't understand that mindset.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

It's disgusting.

It's not that

It's just fascinating to try and grasp what it must be like to be in such a situation, but naturally, you wouldn't actually want to be.
Quote by strat0blaster

It's disgusting.

Quit being such a hippy. Yes, this makes us appreciate how fortunate we are. What's so wrong about that?
Quote by strat0blaster

It's disgusting.

Shut up, nobody here's watching it for the thrill of it are they?

Its scary though just how little time you have to escape. Once the water surrounds the car you can't open the doors...
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Quit being such a hippy. Yes, this makes us appreciate how fortunate we are. What's so wrong about that?

I'm a hippie because I don't like to see natural disasters take people out?

Alrighty

I didn't say there was anything inherently wrong with it, either. I said that, to me, it's a repulsive idea. That's just my opinion.

Quote by mnf50
Shut up, nobody here's watching it for the thrill of it are they?

Kiss my ass. I think it's shameful. You don't have to agree, and frankly, I don't care if you do or not.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster
Maybe I'm just a freak of nature, but I don't find other people's suffering fascinating. Again, I wasn't attacking anyone with my first statement, I just don't understand that mindset.

People are not watching it for the suffering. People are watching it because it was a freak natural occurrence in such a great magnitude that it would be a spectacle to witness.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
People are not watching it for the suffering. People are watching it because it was a freak natural occurrence in such a great magnitude that it would be a spectacle to witness.

And that's totally understandable, but I doubt that's why the majority of people are watching it.

I don't know, to me it just seems like a shame to marvel at something that killed so many people.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
And that's totally understandable, but I doubt that's why the majority of people are watching it.

I don't know, to me it just seems like a shame to marvel at something that killed so many people.

1. I doubt very many people watching the video are finding joy in the suffering, most of them probably are watching it for the reasons I stated.

2. Marveling at something doesn't imply positive feelings towards it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
1. I doubt very many people watching the video are finding joy in the suffering, most of them probably are watching it for the reasons I stated.

2. Marveling at something doesn't imply positive feelings towards it.

1. I'm sure there are some, but I may have overstated with a generalization.
2. Then why watch it at the expense of peoples' suffering? Go marvel at programs that show natural disasters like this and spectacles of nature that don't involve thousands of deaths. Discovery Channel is a good place to start for marveling at nature.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

If we were watching it because it killed people we'd be looking up gore and snuff films instead. We're watching this because it's incredible. Incredible not inherently being a good thing of course.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
If we were watching it because it killed people we'd be looking up gore and snuff films instead. We're watching this because it's incredible. Incredible not inherently being a good thing of course.

I can see that, and I'm not arguing that reasoning. I'm just saying that to me it's not something I'd find amazing as much as horrid.

I understand mortality, and I just don't find a need to gawk at it like that. Again, that's just me, apparently.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
It's more about seeing it from a first person view, yeh there was plenty of pictures and news coverage, but nothing i saw from a person on the ground.

It's one thing seeing arial shots, it's another to see it that close.

It's akin to watching documentaries about murderers, i personally don't like those programs, but lots of others do.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by strat0blaster
1. I'm sure there are some, but I may have overstated with a generalization.
2. Then why watch it at the expense of peoples' suffering? Go marvel at programs that show natural disasters like this and spectacles of nature that don't involve thousands of deaths. Discovery Channel is a good place to start for marveling at nature.

You're being way too oversensitive, have you even seen the video? It's just a bunch of water flooding in and everyone's cars start floating.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Let's say you were the guy who got out of the car and ran. Would you be able to outrun it until you got to a safe spot? It looked as if it was traveling kind of slowly but I bet that's misleading.

It wasn't travelling that fast, but it was everywhere, and getting deeper very quickly. Within minutes it was picking up trucks and sending them backwards down the road at 20mph. You'd have to run to the closest high place to survive it I guess. There looked to be a few buildings around he could have got to.

That is pretty terrifying though. That scene with the abandoned car with a smashed window was kinda haunting.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster

It's disgusting.
Because it puts a human element into a tragic story? Because it illuminates the suffering of the people and allows us to feel more empathy towards them? It keeps them from just being a statistic?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by strat0blaster

The fact that nature has killed so many people in one go is cause to marvel.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.