Hi,
looking for a guitar to start playing metal on styles from bring me the horizon to metallica, what would be a good guitar to get anything from £200-£500
thanks Ewstus
Until you give us a few more ideas of what you like I would recommend the guitar you have now.
what amp do you have?
what have you tried?
what features do you want?
what don't you want?
active or passive pickups?
locking trem? vintage trem? hardtail?

we need a little more info to give you any useful help
started playing in a band recently and want something that can handle drop c tuning aswell as being in another band that play in standard and dont wish to keep tuning between for practicing, was considering the Ibanez mtm2 or maybe the darkstone or ltd M series,
also not sure whether to go active or passive pickups, dont really know enough about pros and cons of both already have a decent boss effects pedal so can get some different sounds with it. Have a Marshall valvestate amp but considering upgrading to either a peavey 6505 combo or bugera 333 combo.
would prefer something without a trem or lock nuts as i've heard they can be a pain.
Last edited by ewstus at Jun 21, 2011,
Get a guitar with active EMG pickups both metallica and bring me the horizon uses them
Also dont get one with a hardtail bridge If you get one with a floyd you won't be able to tune between drop c and standard
if you don't know about actives or passives, you'll have to go play some guitars (they're too different feel wise to try and explain). go to a shop, explain your budget and what you want to play and play as many guitars as they'll let you before you get kicked out.
Quote by 15icecubes
Also get one with a hardtail bridge If you get one with a floyd you won't be able to tune between drop c and standard

Fixed.

TS, Avoid guitars with Floyd Roses like the plague.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
1. Avoid floyd rose coz changing tunings is an ass.
2. Active EMG's
3. Peavey 6505 combo

=

Brutal tone!!

Oh...... And a noise gate! :-)

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Fixed.

TS, Avoid guitars with Floyd Roses like the plague.

I wouldn't go that far, if it suits what someone wants to play then so be it. They work well once they're set up and the only real appreciable down side in my opinion is not being able to change between tunings easily and changing strings takes a little bit more effort.

However I am dubious about the quality and sustain of low end Floyds.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212