Hey there

So, my friend started playing guitar a couple of months ago, and he borrowed an electric from his other friend, so now he wants to get an amp, but a cheap practice amp, he called for my help, to decide between 3 deals he found online for used amps:

Roland Cube 20XL ->70-80€
Orange Combo 20W ->65-75€ (if the seller can sell his guitar, which is out of my friend's budget or he would buy both xD)
Marshall Valvestate VS15R->70-80€

So, iin my opinion, the roland would be the best buy, for his level, since he will soon(probably after getting a summer job) buy another guitar and amp, because it has the amp modeling and the effects, both of us really like orange amps, and would probably buy it, but its the thing, the seller will only sell it if he can sell the guitar.

So i thought that you guys, hopefully more experienced than me xD, can give me some pointers and pros and cons of each amp.
I think he'll probably get the roland because of its versatility.

Thanks in Advance
Antero Duarte
Roland cube 20xl, or if you spend a little more, you can get the 40xl which would be even better. But for a practise amp, the 20xl will be fine.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
He could probably get one of these mini amp things for now, and then once he has a job and some money he could have better options.
http://www.amazon.com/Vox-amPlug-AC30-Guitar-Headphone/dp/B000ZMYRJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308692672&sr=8-1

I don't know how great these things are, but I just wanted to put that out there.

If he just wants the practice amp now, get the Roland Cube.
you're a stone fox
Quote by tntero
Hey there

Roland Cube 20XL ->70-80€
Orange Combo 20W ->65-75€ (if the seller can sell his guitar, which is out of my friend's budget or he would buy both xD)
Marshall Valvestate VS15R->70-80€

Thanks in Advance
Antero Duarte

Of those the Roland Cube is the best. With that said you might want to take a look at Peavy Vypyr 15 as well.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier