Sorry if this is in the wrong forum;

Anyways I'm having an issue with grounding. Something has started acting up today and I'm not sure what's causing it, but something isn't properly grounded and I'll be jamming out and the guitar will start passing current through my hands... making guitar not only impossible, but giving me an unpleasant shock at any random moment... Any help on how I can resolve this? I've been playing for a while but I don't have any idea where to look.

EDIT: It's the ground lift.
Last edited by Fruityjuice at Jun 21, 2011,
I've ran it through two different power sources, so could it be the third prong on the power cord? I think it's the amp, because when I took the cord out from the guitar, the end still shocked me.
Stop plugging your guitar into the wall.

Seriously you gave us zero info. Based on your apparent lack of knowledge I'd say put the guitar down and step away until someone that knows more than you looks into it.
Play Thunderstruck.

Sorry, I had to, but honestly I have no idea what you should do.
you're a stone fox
Thanks man... I did figure it out. I live in an old ass farm house with no modern electrical outlets, so come to figure it's the 2/3 prong adapters I have to use. I read up it's not exactly a good idea to use them, even IF they're grounded.

O wells.
Quote by Fruityjuice
Thanks man... I did figure it out. I live in an old ass farm house with no modern electrical outlets, so come to figure it's the 2/3 prong adapters I have to use. I read up it's not exactly a good idea to use them, even IF they're grounded.

O wells.
Glad you figured it out. But asking on a forum is no help if you fail to tell us that you live in an old ass farm house with no modern electrical outlets and have a 2/3 prong adapter on your plug.