Hi there,
got a Hamer XT SATP90 which seems to be a low end guitar. Though I would like to know in which way I could upgrade it. My first guess was proper shielding along with new PU's ... thought of a pair of P90's by Curtis Novak. Oh and the chrome on the stop-tailpiece starts to flake off so it seems a new one is due.
Hope you guys can help me with some input
Cheers
Pickups definitely. And tuners (preferably locking).
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
But is it even worth upgrading? I mean it's an all mahogany body but still unsure ...
Quote by RisKant
Hi there,
got a Hamer XT SATP90 which seems to be a low end guitar. Though I would like to know in which way I could upgrade it. My first guess was proper shielding along with new PU's ... thought of a pair of P90's by Curtis Novak. Oh and the chrome on the stop-tailpiece starts to flake off so it seems a new one is due.
Hope you guys can help me with some input
Cheers

If you like the guitar, it's worth upgrading. The objective is to get what YOU want.
Depending on the style of music you play, will determine which model of pup to use.

Shielding, PU's, CAP's if any and POT's. All audible upgrades. The latter less $$$.

Chrome flaking could be a flaw in the metal on the tail piece. An upgrade there could also provide a dramatic enhancement.

Good luck-

SC
Shielding, wiring, pups, pots, jacks, capacitors, knobs, tuners, nut, bridge, etc.

Theres alot that can be upgraded.

EDIT:

For the bridge and nut, look into Graphtech. They have awesome parts for both. For the pickups, you said P90s, but we need a genre. Tuners, go locking Schallers.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Jun 22, 2011,
I play mainly alternative & indie rock plus throw in some classic rock every now and then. And thanks for your help so far