I wanna start collecting some of my favorite artists in vinyl. I don't know much at all about LP/Vinyl players, but I'm looking for one that is relatively cheap (under 150) and sounds good and is reliable and easy to work with.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Vinyl players shouldn't be decent sounding.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I have one that was my mom's that looks like a old suit case and it sounds pretty good. Not that I'm about to sell it or anything......
Vinyl players aren't meant to sound good, that's why they sound so good.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think my grandad's ancient shit one sounds a lot better than modern ones, it just sounds more authentic.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

There's a vinyl thread, but everyone in there is completely useless, and only post pictures of records they've bought.

I recommend Garrard/Amstrad.

It's an absolute bitch to find replacement parts, though.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Trowzaa
I think my grandad's ancient shit one sounds a lot better than modern ones, it just sounds more authentic.

Maybe, but it was how you said "they're not meant to sound good". You buy yourself a top of the range one, with expensive cartridges/needles and a really good amp at the end of it all and provided you don't play some ancient or broken record, it'll sound as crisp as a cd player.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."