How do you guys feel about it? Some people love it. Some hate it. Some (like me) scratch their heads at it. I'm in the market for a neat new pedal for my 6505+ 112 and im somewhat interested in it. (and the Line 6 M5, but thats a different thread in itself)
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
I've heard a lot of good things about it, but it mostly seems to be from people with lower end amps. If you feel like theres some sound in your amp that you just aren't able to get out of it, thats where you'd throw the sonic stomp in. Otherwise you don't really need it.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Just don't crank the knobs to 10 and you will be happy with it. Most people that dislike it don't understand how to use it, or think that it makes their tone too "digital" but to be honest, most people I know can't tell the difference in a live setting, they just know it sounds better with it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Nothing you can do with a sonic maximizer you can't just do with a three band eq, like the one built into most amps, IME. It's all marketing hype for a little midscoop box with a two band eq. I owned a maxcomp for years (with the sonic maximizer built in) and I'm pretty sure the whole "phase correction" process they describe is utter BS.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Nothing you can do with a sonic maximizer you can't just do with a three band eq, like the one built into most amps, IME. It's all marketing hype for a little midscoop box with a two band eq. I owned a maxcomp for years (with the sonic maximizer built in) and I'm pretty sure the whole "phase correction" process they describe is utter BS.

Case and point.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
i think they are mostly BS but i owned one a while ago, and it did sound nice with both knobs dialed around 9o'clock maybe with the bass a little bit higher on my Valve King, but i had the mids dimed on the VK in order to correct the two band issue that the SM has, and it got a little more clarity up top and a little extra chunk down low. its been so long since i have had either the BBE or VK, so i am going off of best of what i remember.

but i think they are way overrated, but quite a few people must like them. i see them on a lot of rack setups on famous bands. so .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Case and point.

I didn't think it sounded too "digital" and I knew how to use it to make it sound "like a blanket was pulled off my speakers!" without cranking the knobs.

That's the same effect you get from cutting the "boxy" midrange frequencies out of your sound while increasing the presence in just the right range and adding a nice punchy bass hump or shelf.

I got the exact effect people rave about from the unit and it's nothing I couldn't get from decent equing, not that I'd want that kind of scoop as soon as I was in a band situation where it wouldn't let my bass cut through anyway.

I like some BBE products: I have a couple of their pedals and they sound great for cheap. The sonic maximizer just happens to be all hype (their compressor was one of the noisiest rack ones I've used too).
I've got the rack version ($100 version I think) and I definitely notice an improvement in tone with it. I turn both the knobs up to about 12 o'clock, and that's all I need. I play a lot of melodic metalcore, and I notice it puts a nice clean emphasis on my riffing, but where i REALLY notice the BBE is when i play with my country band. When playing clean or slightly overdriven, there is a massive difference with the BBE on and off. Even if its just some easy EQ'ing, it was a hundred bucks I spent and all I have to do is turn some knobs up. I likee.