So I have my peavey vyper 15w modeling amp. I was wondering is I bought one or three 8" speakers would it be possible that if I made a custom cab to fit the board an speakers in, would 15w be enough for it?
there's no such thing as 'enough' wattage going from a head to a cab, only really too much

I can play my little 5w amp through a pair of 150W marshall 412's if I want, and it'll be just fine

it's when you try to put too powerful an amp through a smaller cab that you'll have troubles.

that being said, why buy 8" speakers? jensen makes a pretty good 8", but if you're not moving up to at least 10 (12 being standard), you won't have much of a selection to choose from, and you'll probably lack a lot of bass
Quote by GS LEAD 5
There is absolutely no point building a bigger cab for an amp that doesnt have a speaker out.

What do you mean? Alright well I'll look into some 10" an 12" speaker's then. What are some good brand's of speaker's?
Well I want to use my board from my amp so how should I go about this then. Also there will be either 2 of 4 speakers total.
Last edited by Austin174 at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by Austin174
What do you mean? Alright well I'll look into some 10" an 12" speaker's then. What are some good brand's of speaker's?

To connect a speaker cab, your amp needs a speaker out jack. IIRC the 15W version doesnt have one. So the only way you can do that would be by ripping it open, pulling the amp head out and rewiring it.
Well if you know what your doing do you think it would be hard to add a speaker out. Or should I just try an find a good cheap but not to cheap head for sale.