I'm having alot of pain in the thumb knuckle joint of my right hand, my family has a strong history of arthitus so I'm thinking that's the problem.

Does anyone else have problems with the joints in their hands?

If so do you know of any excercises or anything I should be doing to help?
The pain means your doing it right. Keep playing in pain.

Nah, you should get that shit checked out.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
yes i do. my family has a history of week wrists. i have to be extremely careful when picking fast. see a doctor first to determine whether its joint or ligament caused. rest it, bandage it until its better.

then have a look at some wrist strengthening/rehabilitation exercises. if your predisposed to wrist problems, getting over them may take time, or might not even happen. but keep at it.
If it hurts, stop. Maybe go to the doctor if it's that much of a concern and get checked for arthritis.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Whatever you do, don't carry on. Give it a major rest until it's better, and consult a doctor soon if it carries on.

My wrist/hand has been hurting since last September because I overdid it last summer, so I've barely been able to play guitar since then
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Constant pain like that without explanation is almost caused by a significant medical problem, aka go see a ****ing doctor.
i don't know why i feel so dry
cmon, consulting the pit doctor? not wise. get it checked out
i'm having a similar problem lately with my wrist/arm. i'm a bass player so it's terrible i'm going crazy.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by pwnadgebunny
i'm having a similar problem lately with my wrist/arm. i'm a bass player so it's terrible i'm going crazy.

probably strained it. put the bass down and let it heal. it will only get more damaged if you play whilst like that.
yeah that's what i thought but i've had the same problem for like 2-3 months now, i was talking to my uncle who had carpal tunnel years ago and he said all the symptoms i have are exactly what he had. so i've been wearing a wrist band and it's been helping a bit but i might have to get an operation on it.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore