Sup guys, recently bought myself a Schecter Hellraiser C-8 (8 string) and I have never heard another guitar buzz like this bad boy, it's basically on every fret on the 6th, 7th and 8th string ... what can I do to fix this?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
its probably a string tentsion problem, try upping the gauge of the strings, what tuning d oyou play in and what gauge do you use now?
I play in standard and it has a set of 9s on it, B is 0.54 (which I have always used, even on my 7 strings) and the F# is a 0.64, which should be fine because the scale length is 29.5.

EDIT: Also, the action isn't even that low. :/
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by mysterion2112
then how the hell is it fret buzz?

The action is a like a diagonal line right now, and everything from 1 to 12 buzzes ... somehow.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
if your buzzing is from 1-12, you probably need to loosen the truss rod to give the neck some relief.
How much relief is enough, though? The 8th string is so huge that it's almost always touching a fret when it's fretted ...
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
it doesn't take much. just a very slight up curve on the neck.

if the truss rod is too tight, it will cause a back bow on the neck that will induce buzz in the area you're having trouble with while the rest of the neck plays fine.

if you haven't adjusted a truss rod before, google it. there's tons of info on the subject. it is usually recommended use straight edges and feeler guages and shoot for a specific number. but i just eyeball down the neck when i adjust mine and get the feel to where i like it. every guitar is a little different.

after doing your research, if you're not comfortable with the process, then take it to a professional.

i'm a little confused, tho...

in your first post, you say, "it's basically on every fret on the 6th, 7th and 8th string ... " - if that's the case, have you tried just raising the bridge a bit on the bass side?

then later your say, "everything from 1 to 12 buzzes .." - that's where i jumped in and thought truss rod is probably too tight.
Honestly what i like to do with new guitars is get it proffesionally setup once, and from there on work from that point. It kinda gives you a nice starting point
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED