Hi all and thanks for reading,

I come from Christchurch, NZ and as some of you may be aware we have had a few thousand earthquakes (Literally! It's over 4500 in the last 10 months.) I am looking at replacing some of my broken gear with a Jet City amp head (JCA22H, when it's released) and a Blackheart BH112 cab. The set up will be used at home as a practice rig for a beginner.

The question is, how should I go about ensuring the head doesn't fall from the cab in the event of another disaster? I don't want to have to pack and unpack everything every time I want to use it. I was thinking about screwing metal mounting brackets from the cab to the head but wondered if this would degrade sound quality as it would be putting 3 or 4 screw holes on each side of the cab.

Has anyone else secured their gear in a similar fashion? Does anyone have any good ideas?

I'm open to any opinions and suggestions.
who said the head had to be on top of the cab? you couls put it on the side of it. no falling danger and no extra work or mods!
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
you could spend some extra dough and get a road case for the entire setup. it's kind of overkill but itll ensure that nothing happens to the head or cab in the event of a gigantic earth shaker.
Yeah, you could just put it on the floor next to the cab.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
combo.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I think the best idea so far is to move the head off the cab. A 6ft speaker lead will be more than enough to leave the head in a place that is safe.

Second thought, what sort of effect would a computer placed near an amp head have on noise/feedback? I'm assuming it would be little to none, but best to ask.
I'm pretty set on getting a tube head. It probably is the best option in general, but not for my applications