I have been trying to figure out for a while if Two Weeks is down picked but I can't really find any info on it. I have seen guys playing covers on youtube where it looks like they are alternate picking, but when I try alternate picking it doesn't sound as good.

I can almost play the intro part downpicked, but not quite fast enough. I can hit around 200-216 BPM. On the Guitar World magazine tab it says 224 BPM.

I'm really not sure if it's downpicked or not because it is so fast.

Here is a link to the music video in case you haven't heard it before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGtW4AFyLyM

Any help is appreciated
Yes, I would actually put money on it being downpicked, at least on the studio version. I've heard that they don't live but that's their problem, other bands downpick much faster live.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have listened to it a little more and I can now say that I am pretty sure it is downpicked.

I can play the first part of the intro along with the song now. I'm still having trouble on the verses though.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yes, I would actually put money on it being downpicked, at least on the studio version. I've heard that they don't live but that's their problem, other bands downpick much faster live.

Faster doesn't always equal harder, ATR has another song that I down pick at around 250 8th notes but it's far easier Imo than Two Weeks.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.