Heard amazing things from Studio One Pro, just curious to hear what people that have owned/used have to say about it? I'm currently a pro tools 9 user but always looking to try new things and I seriously havent read a bad review about Studio One. Talk to me people!
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
no one?
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
Most people on this forum are PT/Cubase/Reaper. Sorry no one has responded yet. I also purchased PT9 and was extremely disappointed with the overall performance by it. I switched to Reaper full time, with the exception of electronic/programming, which I use Cubase 5 for. Just easier and 100% more efficient and performance oriented this way.

I HAVE heard good things of Studio One, however, no one that I know professionally uses it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
thanks! yeah im disappointed with pt 9 as well. Just way to many errors and problems that never happened with 8. Yeah I'm debating between cubase and studio one, but Im just really tempted to get studio one because it just looks awesome and I cant find a bad review. But then again I hear cubase 6 is great too
Quote by Kenova
thanks! yeah im disappointed with pt 9 as well. Just way to many errors and problems that never happened with 8. Yeah I'm debating between cubase and studio one, but Im just really tempted to get studio one because it just looks awesome and I cant find a bad review. But then again I hear cubase 6 is great too

Don't be too quick to jump the gun on Cubase 5. Transparent events is completely GONE from 6, making editing a job and a half now. It's actually really ridiculous. I am gonna see if I can't snag a demo of Studio One and check it out tonight.
thanks for the advice. yeah ive used the studio one demo but i really want to use my plugins which you can only do with the pro version, so I might have to jump the gun. Let me know what you think of the demo
Quote by Kenova
thanks for the advice. yeah ive used the studio one demo but i really want to use my plugins which you can only do with the pro version, so I might have to jump the gun. Let me know what you think of the demo

So, after using it for approximately 15 mins I have discovered the following:

1. It is very similar to Cubase in controls (literally like down to keyboard shortcuts and all).

2. I like the interface much more than Reaper or Cubase. It's definitely no PT in terms of GUI, but it's definitely WAYYY better than the other 2. It just feels really comfortable to use. Easy on the eyes, and even though it's blue, it's almost a warming feeling.

3. I really like the way the project/song system is set up. You can create big projects, or just do a straightforward song, and it's really easy to do so. It's a simple but powerful concept that I think they implemented extremely well.

4. The 64-bit version does not appear to allow you to use 32-bit plugins...which really sucks IMHO. That means I have to use the 32-bit version and that limits me in terms of RAM usage. (I use a lot of plugins and VSTi's)

5. The feel of the program is a bit jarring and stiff at first, but I am sure with more time invested, it would get smooth very quickly.

That's about it for now. I am going to do a 2-part session in it tomorrow and really get a feel for it. If I like it, I may just purchase a license tomorrow. I will update back when I know more for sure.

Hope this helps a bit?
yeah helps a lot man. thanks!