Currently I have a pretty boss setup of a 1x12 and a 4x10, seems to be about the standard for gigging haha i was wondering, where do you go from there?

8x10? 4x15? lol the combinations are awkward at best.

so, out of boredom, what is the deadliest two cab combination?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Lemmy's 4-12 and 4-15. bring a forklift,
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Hmm, probably two 8x10s with ceramic magnets.

Would certainly not be pleasant if you were if you were on the wrong end carrying those things up a flight of stairs.

Love the Low end
I always considered the "standard" of gigging rigs to be a 4x10 paired with a 1x15. If I had a choice, I would maybe trade the 4x10 for either a 2x12 or (preferably) a 4x12, and run that with a 1x15.

Then again, my normal rig is an 8x10 paired with a 1x18, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. The combination of sheer 8x10 power coupled with the woof and shake of the 1x18 completes my sound.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
tostitos youre a madman and graybass i like your setup. 4x12 and a 1x15 would be sick. so would an 8x10 and a 1x18 O.o i needa look into that stuff.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
tostitos youre a madman

There's nothing mad about it as long as you have someone else to carry them.

Realistically though, the best set up for me right now would be a 2x10 and a 1x15, mostly for size/portability reasons.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
werd up to that. my ish is so heavy haha effin 1993 trace head weighs like 30 pounds lol :P
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
werd up to that. my ish is so heavy haha effin 1993 trace head weighs like 30 pounds lol :P

Pfft my '80's Peavey Mark weighs in at over 50 pounds.
pinga
peavys arent worth their weight in gold. atleast with trace the weight is justifiable by the great sound. peavys are just paperweights lol. trololololol. for real though, what cab(s) do you use cb4rabid?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Oh yeah? My Fender Bassman Pro is 75lb. Yeah, I've got the biggest dick. The bad part is moving it places.

Love the Low end
lol :P i hate you. why dont you just tape it to your leg?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
peavys arent worth their weight in gold. atleast with trace the weight is justifiable by the great sound. peavys are just paperweights lol. trololololol. for real though, what cab(s) do you use cb4rabid?

I use a Peavey 215D. D as in deep cab, as in weighs like a mofo. It doesn't help that i'm lanky as hell and weigh 130 on a good day.
pinga
lololol i got you. i put casters on all my ish, but i really need a handtruck haha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I replaced the old casters on the cab with some from a dolly I had lying around
pinga
I use a 210RBH and a GK 9x6" prototype cab, but I was thinking of swapping the 210 with a 410RBH. By the way the 9x6 weighs an absolute ton.
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
Mesa do a 4x10 and 1x15 cabinet all-in-one. Do want. I'd be set.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
If i had the money for the setup id want. If have a 2x10 and a small 1x15 all vertically aligned. With a nice 4/5 band eq head.

For now though id be happy with a nice 2x12 4 ohm cab.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul