is it possible to SAFELY plug in my head phones in to the speaker out on my VK212, as long as i match the impedence?

thanks!
not at all (safely)
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Jun 21, 2011,
Yeah...and the amp for that matter.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Not really, I tried it with my tube amp today and although it hurt a little bit with the volume above half it sounded quite nice. Worth a try, tell us what you think!!
Quote by Tgalea
Not really, I tried it with my tube amp today and although it hurt a little bit with the volume above half it sounded quite nice. Worth a try, tell us what you think!!

Do not listen to this.
A speaker output is far higher than the level a set of headphones can handle safely. You will almost definitely destroy the headphones, and the impedance of the headphones is not in the range of the output of a tube amp, so you will be putting a lot of strain on the output transformer, and will probably damage it. Replacing that would cost almost as much as getting a new amp.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by WtrPlyr
I doubt you could match impedance. Headphones are most of the time 32 ohm IIRC.

16 ohms I though... but the headphones will definitely not be able to handle the output from the amp anyway.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Yer.....not gna lie I just wanted a cheap laugh.... But more seriously would it work if you had a preamp output?
Sounds like it would be a fry fest.
Headphones are 32 ohms most of the time.
But I have seen 16.
I've taken a lot of them apart.
I take a lot of stuff apart. TV's are fun for that.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 22, 2011,
Only if you like buying a new amp, new headphones, and hearing damage
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by littlephil
Do not listen to this.
A speaker output is far higher than the level a set of headphones can handle safely. You will almost definitely destroy the headphones, and the impedance of the headphones is not in the range of the output of a tube amp, so you will be putting a lot of strain on the output transformer, and will probably damage it. Replacing that would cost almost as much as getting a new amp.

Depends who you take it to. My transformer operation cost me about $100, parts and labor included, and that's astounding given the tariffs Jamaica has on electronics parts.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??