Hello there I'm on the Guitar Center website looking at used gear and I came across the Vox Ad 120 VTX amp. I typed it into google to see if I can find any info on the amp and nothing came up about it. So does anyone know anything about this Vox
Quote by Radtastic89
Hello there I'm on the Guitar Center website looking at used gear and I came across the Vox Ad 120 VTX amp. I typed it into google to see if I can find any info on the amp and nothing came up about it. So does anyone know anything about this Vox

http://www.legendarytones.com/voxvalvetronix.html
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Wow $1499.99 MSRP this is a steal my Guitar Center is selling it for $250 I might have to pick this up.
thats a pretty good deal.

I used to have one of these and its a mixed bag of tricks. some of the models are really quite good (mostly the fender/vox ones and the plexi), while others are really weak. also, alot of the on-board effects are overdone in the sense that they are in your face all the time, with very little in the way of subtlety. that being said, the sounds that are good really are quite good, and with a decent boost pedal (i used a boss BD-2) even the higher gain tones are quite usable.
Thank you krehzeekid I'm trying to get back into guitar and I just need an amp. I'll think about picking this up or at least testing it out.
Quote by Radtastic89
Thank you krehzeekid I'm trying to get back into guitar and I just need an amp. I'll think about picking this up or at least testing it out.

for that sort of application, this thing is a steal. just make sure to work your way through the whole thing (try every model/effect) before you commit any cash
Quote by Radtastic89
Wow $1499.99 MSRP this is a steal my Guitar Center is selling it for $250 I might have to pick this up.

Not if I get it first hahahaha!
The Vox AD120TV have never retailed anywhere near $1499. It's obviously a typo. However $250 is still a good deal for one.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi