So my local music store(Straight Music) got one of these amps in, the 2x12 version, and I thought I'd do a little review on it since I played on it and friken LOVED IT!!!

Has two inputs, High and low, I used the low input for this review.

I went up there to pick up some acoustic guitar strings, and thought, why not go and see what kind of amps they have. So I picked up a MIA Strat off the hanger, and went into the sound booth thingy mabober, and saw this nice looking amp, that said nothing but Vox Bruno. So I warm that puppy up and out comes spewing some of the best cleans I think I've ever heard.

With a Strat, it doesn't even sound very twangy like your typical Strat single coils tend to sound like, it's very clear, responsive, and full sounding. When you flick the my bypas switch off/on(idk what it's normally set to since they don't label it) it really changes the tone. With what I assume is with it on, the cleans are very tight and crisp, with it off, it's alot darker sounding, and not as tight.

The Macho man function to me is kinda useless, but I didn't mess with it too much, and I was playing at a low volume, it made it slightly more metallic sounding, but really not too much of a difference. The bass boost switch does exactly what it should, it boost the bass just a little, and kinda rounds out the tone a bit, it's not over kill like some other amps are.

The reverb was meh, you couldn't really get any reverb effect until it was past 3 oclock, but once you started to hear it, it was actually a pretty nice reverb, big and fat sounding.

As far as I could tell, it's a single channel amp, so no gain, but for what it's designed to do, it does it extremely well. I never got to push it, but at 35 watts I bet it sounds sweet cranked, but this is my short very limited review with it.

Here's a linky to the amp: http://www.voxamps.com/us/tb35c/
Quote by ethan_hanus

As far as I could tell, it's a single channel amp, so no gain.

What do you mean by that? It's a master volume amp with plenty of gain--not metal gain, but plenty for rock.
Also, I think the Macho Man thing is basically a built-in tube-based Tubescreamer.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
No gain...good joke. Turn the master down and the volume up, there's certainly gain to be had.

I don't know, I didn't like this amp that much. I didn't spend a ton of time on the amp but the OD did not sound good at all and the cleans didn't blow me away. It was a big disappointment for me, since I tend to love Fender cleans and Vox amps.
so everything was awful about it and there were tons of features you thought were useless

but it's still very cool amp? not afraid of anything?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by mmolteratx
Which Strait? South or North?

Uh, I'm gonna say south, the one near 183 and Lakeline, since it's the closest one I live to.

I spent 20 minutes with the amp and never cranked it, give me a break guys...

It's a decent little amp I thought.