Poll: Have you used UG Plus?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you used UG Plus?
yeah d00d
6 3%
nope.
217 97%
Voters: 223.
Page 1 of 2
I'm kinda curious. Has anyone actually bothered to pay for UG Plus yet?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I do not. For I have no means to pay for things online.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I don't think people on UG pay for anything online. They'd download a bear if they could.

(hell I would to)
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Don't have the need for it, I have guitar pro, an adblocker and whatever else they offer doesn't appeal to me.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

TuxGuitar bro. And I can suffer through pressing the x button on adds to save money
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
I do not.

There are free ad-blockers out there, and I don't feel the need for backing tracks. I could see the "Pro" tabs being nice, but I have Guitar Pro and Power Tab, plus I don't mind plain text tabs.

I would support UG in other ways, if it was worth the money, because I've been here long enough to appreciate the site and all of its pre-existing services, but I don't see myself using the paid services enough to warrant paying for them.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Nah. There's better alternatives for everything they offer. I feel bad for them though, they probably worked really hard on this, and it doesn't look like anyone is using it.
Quote by Lost Dog
Nah. There's better alternatives for everything they offer. I feel bad for them though, they probably worked really hard on this, and it doesn't look like anyone is using it.

This.

I almost feel the need to pay for it for a few months to show that I care enough about the site to support it, but I know I won't use it. At that point, it's just pity money, which is almost worse than not paying at all.

It looks like a great system, but its appeal is limited.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I don't think people on UG pay for anything online. They'd download a bear if they could.

(hell I would to)

I was going to say something clever but the thought of having a pet bear made me cream my pants. Oh, the possibilities!
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by guitarlord28
TuxGuitar bro. And I can suffer through pressing the x button on adds to save money

This.

Edit: But also, I've never seen the first ad on this site since UG Plus was launched.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jun 21, 2011,
I don't see the point for me. I have guitar pro, adblock, and I find it highly unlikely they'd ever make a backing track of a song I'd care about.
PM me for newts
lolol 50 no's and 0 yes's. Good job UG, Good job
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by fallenangel20
This.

I almost feel the need to pay for it for a few months to show that I care enough about the site to support it, but I know I won't use it. At that point, it's just pity money, which is almost worse than not paying at all.

It looks like a great system, but its appeal is limited.

I'd imagine it would be great for the uninitiated in the ways of the internet. The ones who don't know about illegally downloading tab programs and browser plugins.

The noobs.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'd imagine it would be great for the uninitiated in the ways of the internet. The ones who don't know about illegally downloading tab programs and browser plugins.

The noobs.

For sure. I thought of that as I was typing. New players, and new members to the site could see the appeal, and use it, but, as the poll shows, pre-existing users aren't really swayed by it. :/

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Twist of fate
Let's be honest guys. The most hardcore musicians are not pit lurkers and will probably never see this thread. They're the ones that have UG plus and are hiding in the GGAC forum

See, I disagree with this strongly.
Pooppooppoopfuck.
Instead of making it better for the UG plus users, they've made it worse for the free users. That "UG Plus" ad on the front page is just stupid and now you have to sometimes wait 15 seconds for the news page to load.
I have never seen a poll so one-sided before. Usually there are a few funny guys who vote the for the unpopular choice to skew the results.

Somebody probably will now, though...
PM me for newts
that's pretty surprising. i though at least a couple people might have.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by hames jetfield
Instead of making it better for the UG plus users, they've made it worse for the free users. That "UG Plus" ad on the front page is just stupid and now you have to sometimes wait 15 seconds for the news page to load.

I clicked on "remove banner" and it sent me to the Ad Free page to buy it.

I should of known.
If I may bring up an old meme...

FAIL!!
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
0-70
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I feel bad now that UG is trying to make money and not many people are using it. (From the poll results)
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Nah, and I don't really plan to. It's not really worth it. I mean, I have TuxGuitar and Firefox with a certain add-on that makes browsing better, all of which is free. While I recognise the effort the UG team put into it, and kind of feel like a dick for not using, everything that it offers can already be had for free, thus, it's kind of just asking for donations.

Page 1 of 2