Hello everybody, i am new to ultimate guitar forms but I just got a bass for christmas and i kno some songs on it but I was wondering if there was any techniquies i should know that would help me enjoy and master the bass guitar. i have a 4 string Ibanez IJXB190. I already know a bunch of easy songs and would like learn more to help with my bass techniquise. I would like to have a greater and wider knowledge for my song writing. i already play guitar so i have the picking of fingers down. So if anybody knows a way of helping me please tell me, I am open to all advice.
Learn your scales, for one.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Sorry for the large amount of text but it's worth reading. Learn bass cleft and know what notes you're hitting when you are playing the bass will help alot. I made the mistake of just looking at notes on the staff and corresponding it to a certain fret and string, rather then knowing what note Is on the staff and where that note is on the neck. It may seem simple and dumb, but it's effective. Especially once you get into more difficult tunes that require you to play notes that are far away Like Low B on the A string then the high D on the G string. That making you have to play in 4th and 5th position. It helps a bunch. So Just know where every note is all over the neck. That is my main advice, not just for bass but for any string instrument.
Guitarist & Bassist
^That's Bass CLEF.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.