What are some good mid to high range Ibanez guitars?
I've seen some talk on here before that sounded like Prestige was the only thing to even LOOK at from Ibanez. Is this true?

Also do they make any prestige's with neck thru?? Or are the prestige bolt ons just amazing?
Man just chill, it's the middle of the afternoon in Australia at the moment. That means most of the US is probably asleep (I think) or something. It tends to be pretty quiet around now.

Anyways yes Prestige Ibanez guitars are fantastic but they're not the only thing to look at. I had a non prestige ibanez which was pretty cheap which I thought played amazing, although most prestiges I've played were probably better. Some of them (like the RG1570s) are really good value for money, while others might be a little over priced. But really like with any guitar at all, just pick it up and play it if you can and you'll know for yourself whether or not you like it.

Perhaps the only major issue with Ibanez prestige guitars is that unless you buy the *really* high end ones they tend to come with stock Ibanez pickups which are generally pretty bad. But buy a decent prestige model, replace the pups with something that suits you and bam, you should have a really solid axe to play with.

Prestige do come bolt on and neck thru, but I think it depends more on the model. Like most RGs I've seen are bolt on (but maybe not all?). The bolt on RG I've got is fine, no problems at all. The neck joint is smoothed down so you still get really good fret access, although it's not necessarily AANJ, but still great (in my opinion).

Cheers.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
last week i picked up a RG3550 Prestige, i am in love with it. i got it new on clarence for less than $700 after tax. that is about half what they sell on MF/M123/GC.com for.

the j craft team is excellent qualitywise, mine had an edge zero tremolo, and real dimarzios (not the ibz/dimarzio) tone zone, air norton, and for the SC true velvet IIRC.

IMO if you are looking for the shredder type thing and can afford to drop $1200-1500 you could have your self a damn nice ibanez,

RG550's are supposidly very well built in the late 80's early 90's (? years), and they can be had pretty cheap, like maybe $400+ for one in decent shape. but prepare yourself for bright and sometimes very ugly colors.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've found that all Ibanez guitars are really good, for their price range (whatever that may be). Just don't get anything with an Edge III or a Lo-TRS, haha.

As for your neck through question, check out the RGT line. I think they're discontinued now, but they were really sick guitars.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Zerox8610
What are some good mid to high range Ibanez guitars?
I've seen some talk on here before that sounded like Prestige was the only thing to even LOOK at from Ibanez. Is this true?

Also do they make any prestige's with neck thru?? Or are the prestige bolt ons just amazing?

Actually some of the best RGs aren't prestige models nor are they expensive

They're the original RG line up from 1987 - 1994. With a little searching you should be able to find a used RG550/570 at a reasonable price in excellent condition.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Zerox8610
I love how responsive the UG community is now a days. Damn guys.

Damn guy, you had this thread up for an hour before bitching about nobody responding. Give it some time.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by Zerox8610
I love how responsive the UG community is now a days. Damn guys.

well would you rather have a good answer, or somebody posting up and spreading misinformation around to misguide you decision? Not to mention all of the other people that frequent this forum.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
As for high end, if you're patient and scout E-Bay you can even grab a J-Custom for a very decent price. I recently snagged a NEW J-Custom RG8420ZE for ~$2000 USD.
Quote by raz1289
As for high end, if you're patient and scout E-Bay you can even grab a J-Custom for a very decent price. I recently snagged a NEW J-Custom RG8420ZE for ~$2000 USD.

does the j custom have the pristige neck profile that my 3550 would have?

what pickups are in yours?

just curious. not intending to hijack.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
So prestiges like the RG1570 are cool lookin.
How are Ibanez' compared to Jackson's?? In your guys' opinions of course.
If you can get a hold of a J.Custom they will blow a normal prestige model out of the water.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
does the j custom have the pristige neck profile that my 3550 would have?

what pickups are in yours?

just curious. not intending to hijack.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/page11_jp.php?&data_id=69&color=CL01&cat_id=1&series_id=350

The neck is the RG J Custom neck.

RG J Custom Neck dimension:
Scale 648mm/25.5"
a : Width at Nut 43mm
b : Width at Last Fret 58mm
c : Thickness at 1st 17mm
d : Thickness at 12th 19mm
Radius 430mmR

Pickups are EMG 85(N)/81(B)

I dig Jacksons, but their guitars aren't as aesthetically pleasing to me as Ibanez (strictly speaking about superstart bodies, V's and RR's are another story ). Also I really do prefer the Ibanez's thin necks above all others.
Last edited by raz1289 at Jun 22, 2011,
yeah. i mean i wouldn't say that the non-prestiges aren't worth looking at... but at the same time considering how much better they are, and the fact that at least some models are normally pretty decent value...

yeah, MIJ prestige ftw. j-customs are very nice too, though dearer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?