I dont have one and cant find one in town, So im wondering if there's anything I can do about this.

could I hardwire it so its just on or off depending on if im plugged into the stereo jack?

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
You could use a DPDT and no LED. Or two SPDTs next to each other on the pedal that you can step on at the same time. Or you could get a toggle switch rather than a stomp switch--if there's plenty of space around it you can still bump it with your foot.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
:S any idea how I could wire a dpdt with 6 leads?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Okay, if connections 2 switches between 1 and 3 and 5 switches between 4 and 6 (unprofessionally described, but I think you know what I mean) then you hook the input jack tip to 2 and the output jack to 5. Then you wire contacts 3 and 6 together. Contact 1 goes to the input of your circuit, and the contact 4 goes to the output of the circuit. So with the switch in one position, signal goes input jack -> effect -> output jack, and with the switch in the other position it goes input jack -> output jack.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
theres an error on that layout... the 1uF output cap to the tone control is taken from the filament supply (9v). and the cathode is just straight to ground?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard