I work in retail and they play a lot of classic rock songs, which i like. I don't want to listen to it when I work, which is kind of weird but understandable I guess? I'd rather listen to music that I don't listen to and just be able to drone out the music, instead of having to listen to songs i like while working.

I equate work with being extremely uncool, maybe that's why I'm feeling this way. To hear music I like 7 + hours everyday while working at a boring job is too much for me. I feel like it's actually ruining the songs that I like. Thinking of quitting once i get another job lined up because of this reason alone, even the job is not bad. Music means too much for me.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Jun 22, 2011,
I'd much rather work with a song I like rather than suffer through something that sucks. Listening to good music usually helps me get things done faster
^I agree with you. I couldn't work at all either.

I think you should just learn to live with it, cause having a job is a good thing. Gives you money to buy a new amp or a new guitar or both.
But if it just bothers you no matter how you try to live with it, you can ask your fellow workers if they could listen to something else once a while or save your sanity and tell them to just shut down the radio once a while.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by musicandthewave
**** you

You're the one who is thinking about quitting his job just because of the music they play there...
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
You're the one who is thinking about quitting his job just because of the music they play there...

have you ever had a job?
I think the only time I would hate listening to music while I was working would be if they played the same song or album over and over all day. I feel bad for employees at a music store and they're promoting a new release by playing it over and over all day.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I think the only time I would hate listening to music while I was working would be if they played the same song or album over and over all day. I feel bad for employees at a music store and they're promoting a new release by playing it over and over all day.

What if...

Rebecca Black released an album?
I would love a job like that. I can't stand being in a place that plays music I hate.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

It would have to be one of the daftest excuses for quitting ever. I mean, fair enough if it's a contributing factor (actually, no, it's a pathetic reason), but to quit SOLELY on the basis of the music played, which you like too... I just can't get my head around that...

edit: hell yeah to post rock, though
I have to listen to crappy pop and dance music all day, but I don't mind. It keeps my focus directed at my work.
Quote by musicandthewave
Music means too much for me.

More than a steady income?

Cos if so, you're a ****ing idiot TS. Of course if you can get another job and really want out, who am I to warn you away from it.
But remember, if you're new at a place and they need to cut employees your head will be the first in the blocks.
I hate the music at work, it's a looping PA. It really sucks when the pagan tree worshipping festival comes round every year.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
What if some people dislike the music you listen to?

Just get over it, you're there to do your job not enjoy your favourite artists.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've worked in an accouting department for nearly two years, where your average hit-radio station played all day, every day.

I had days I was near losing my mind. Both because i hated all the music that was playing and because some of the newer and more popular songs were played UP TO THREE TIMES A DAY!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
Wow, you're a ****ing idiot.

Quote by musicandthewave
**** you

Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

I worked at a department store where they played the WORST music I have ever heard on infinite repeat, lots of bottom-shelf 80's pop. I don't even want to get into specifics, but it's safe to say I'm surprised and grateful I didn't turn into a homicidal maniac.

Usually I need good music to work at maximum efficiency, for some reason progressive music is the best. In particular Meshuggah makes me really want to finish schoolwork like right this instant. Nowadays at my engineering firm I just listen to Pandora as I work. Much better!
I actually don't like listening to music as I work as it tends to wear out the music. I mean, I work 9 hours a day 4 days a week and 5 hours on the fifth day. I'd get tired of a lot of music in that time I'd bet. I'm actually allowed to listen to my Ipod during times I'm isolated (I do a lot of inventory for a company and it's not uncommon for me to spend 3 hours alone in the back), and that would definitely kill my music collection. Fortunately, podcasts are the greatest for this purpose as they're pretty long and vaguely interesting.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Sometimes music helps my train of thought roll easier, but sometimes songs with words distract me if Im trying to say, read, or perform open heart surgery.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

I worked at Toys R Us last year during the holiday season. I had to put up with listening to nothing but christmas carols being butchered by modern pop artists every minute there. You know what I told myself?

The supermarket I used to work in pretty much played nothing but Cee-lo Green and ****ing Michael Buble. It was awful. Then they started doing an hour a day where they played a load of songs from a certain year - that was a bit better. But still it did my head in.
I don't like listening to music I like while I'm working, but that's just because I tend to relate the music I'm listening to to the event and time I'm in at the moment. So I know I will "stain" the music that I like with that unpleasant memory of working.

Just as TS said, music is really important to me and my job is something I don't quite like and enjoy.

On the other hand, working with the same shitty radio station that plays the same songs every ****ing day is horrible.

I enjoy listening to random good music, but not music that I really really like.
at my work (retail) we put in our own cds at the beginning of our shift and listen to them all day
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.