^ good advice.

from memory, the deluxe has a roller nut, locking tuners, noiseless pickups and maybe more.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
^ alabone inlays and S-1 switching? not sure if they still have the S-1 or not. but that was cool.
Quote by dr_john
^ good advice.

from memory, the deluxe has a roller nut, locking tuners, noiseless pickups and maybe more.

Wow, that's nothing like the Am. Deluxe, although you've just described the Jeff Beck Signature.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Wow, that's nothing like the Am. Deluxe, although you've just described the Jeff Beck Signature.

Wow. that's exactly like the AM Deluxe in every way.

aside the alabone inlays. i'm not sure if they still do the S-1.

kang, he'd dead on right. at least from what i saw hanging in the sam ash store yesterday. i can PM you a pic later, i have to stop by there for a speaker cable.
the jeff beck sig has an old style wilkinson roller nut the deluxe strats use the LSR which was also used on Strat Plus models after 93.

a quick visit to fender's site shows that the new deluxe's don't have the roller nut any more just staggered locking tuners. and yes they still have s-1 switching. they also have a compound radius neck.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Jun 22, 2011,
I want the both of you to look very hard at the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Specifications and tell me where it says "Roller Nut," either Wilkinson or LSR.

Also, the old Jeff Beck Signature uses the Wilkinson, the current one uses a LSR.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by kangaxxter
I want the both of you to look very hard at the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Specifications and tell me where it says "Roller Nut," either Wilkinson or LSR.

Also, the old Jeff Beck Signature uses the Wilkinson, the current one uses a LSR.

ok, cool, we can compare that to what i see in the store today.
Wait, why are we even arguing about this?

TS, go google the specs.

/thread.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter

didn't i already mention this? last years models still had the roller nut and can still be found in shops.
Quote by kangaxxter

well, MY american strat deluxe has a roller nut, locking tuners, and noiseless pickups. it also has abalone inlays and an ebony fingerboard. it also has S1 switching and a quilted maple top (no scratchplate).

it's freakin' incredible, i love it.

fender do tend to change the specs every so often. i bought mine about 4 years ago, that was the spec at the time.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
My 09 am deluxe has a maple fret board, the s-1 pickups which make some pretty varied tones in my roommates vibroverb, locking tuners
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa