Hi guys, I've been playing for near enough 12 months now, and at the moment, I'm using a VOX VT-30 which I like, but it seems to be lacking something. I've been recently looking at getting a new valve combo, I'd get the head and cab version, but I've got no room, so I'm looking to get a decent combo, I've been looking at these two, the Bugera 333XL and the Blackstar HT Venue Club 40 - my question to you lovely people is, which one? I play music such as Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine, Funeral For a Friend, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and Biffy Clyro, so it's quite a big range, but I do play mainly metal. So which would be better for getting these kind of sounds. Please don't just say 'bugera lol' because that's really not helpful

Cheers, Dewi!
Haha true, people slag Bugera, and although I havn't played one I can't imagine they are as bad as people say. It's a bit like the spider thing on here - everyone slags it but how many have actually played one is debatable (and I'm in no way saying they are good, just that there is some serious band wagon jumping that goes on here...). Have you got an opurtunity to try them? Are there any good music shops near you? That would be my best recomendation, take your guitar and any pedals down there and give one a try if you can. Blackstar have a reasonable rep.

How long before someone mentions the fire incident...
Thanks for the quick reply, I will have the opportunity to try one of them, that's part of the reason I'm asking on this, because the nearest good music shop is 60 miles away from me, but they only stock the Blackstars, so I was going to get some opinions, before traveling all that way to find I'm not keen on the amp or that the Bugera was the better choice. But I will try get my guitar down to the shops and try them, cheers for the adivce
I have the Blackstar, and I'm VERY happy with it. It's exactly what I was looking for. I mainly play metal and hard rock, and I can get any tone (Metallica, Maiden, Volbeat, BFMV,Foo Fighters...) I want out of it. It works for me, and I think it'll work for you too
Quote by Better_Believer
I have the Blackstar, and I'm VERY happy with it. It's exactly what I was looking for. I mainly play metal and hard rock, and I can get any tone (Metallica, Maiden, Volbeat, BFMV,Foo Fighters...) I want out of it. It works for me, and I think it'll work for you too

Thanks for this, I think as of looking at reviews so far I will probably go for the Blackstar, it seems to be the better choice of the two!
Quote by intotheend
Thanks for this, I think as of looking at reviews so far I will probably go for the Blackstar, it seems to be the better choice of the two!

You won't regret it
You might want to check out the amps from Jet City.

They're designed by Soldano made in China to keep cost down.

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/amplifiers/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca20h-and-jca12s-half-stack/584695000000000
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier