I searched and found nothing about this awesome classic rock band. Anybody else into 'em?
For those of you who don't know. Nazareth are a scottish rock band that began playing in the 70's. They're still going strong albeit without original guitarist Manny Charlton or drummer Darrell Sweet.

Here's a few songs for you: Hair of the dog, a cover of The Everly Brothers song Love Hurts and a cover of JJ. Cale's song Cocaine. The more famous rendition of Cocaine was done by Eric Clapton

Hair of the dog

Love Hurts

Cocaine

Personally my Favourite albums are Hair of The Dog, No Mean City and Malice in Wonderland. My favourite song is probably Holiday or Expect No Mercy.
Yeah Hair Of The Dog, Best Classical Rock MasterPiece Ever.
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
Great band, very influential aswell
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
What would you guys say are their best songs in your opinion? Hair of the dog is probably dead certain for everyone, but are there any personal favourites?
great band. saw them back in 83, hell of a show. Please Don't Judas Me is probably my fav song by them.
^You lucky bastard!

My dad told me that he saw them when they were just starting out. Wish i could have been there. Unfortunate for me that they never come anywhere close to Finland anymore.
I saw them live like 9 years ago. It was pretty cool.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by beer bear
^You lucky bastard!

My dad told me that he saw them when they were just starting out. Wish i could have been there. Unfortunate for me that they never come anywhere close to Finland anymore.

well i'm 50 so i saw tons of "classic rock" bands back when they were still new rock.
My favourite song is Hair of the Dog. Just out of curiosity, are they guys still putting out any new material?? Just wondering, cause I have not seen anything new by them for quite some time.

ron666
Its scary how much Nazareth is like guns, the original Hair of The Dog by Nazareth sounds like early GNR or how GNR would normally play. Vocals sound like axl, the guitars dont sound a million miles away from guns ryhthm sections either (even has a talkbox in it, slash loves them), a truly great classic rock band.

Underrated band!
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by K Reyn
Nazareth- Woke Up This Morning.

The slide intro to this song is wicked awesome.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
My favourite song is Hair of the Dog. Just out of curiosity, are they guys still putting out any new material?? Just wondering, cause I have not seen anything new by them for quite some time. ron666

They're still going strong. Manny Charlton left I think in the early 90's and Sweet died a few years back, but they're still putting out albums and touring. Big Dogz came out last april.

Its scary how much Nazareth is like guns, the original Hair of The Dog by Nazareth sounds like early GNR or how GNR would normally play. Vocals sound like axl, the guitars dont sound a million miles away from guns ryhthm sections either (even has a talkbox in it, slash loves them), a truly great classic rock band. Underrated band!

I know, it's unreal. I know Axl was heavily influenced by McCafferty and you can definitely hear that old fashioned blues in Slash's playing. Apparently Axl and Nazareth were gigging during the same evening and Axl even came out to the bar that McCafferty was sitting in, just so he could talk to him.
Quote by W4T3V3R
Its scary how much Nazareth is like guns, the original Hair of The Dog by Nazareth sounds like early GNR or how GNR would normally play. Vocals sound like axl, the guitars dont sound a million miles away from guns ryhthm sections either (even has a talkbox in it, slash loves them), a truly great classic rock band.

Underrated band!

Wow, you're right!! I never thought about it, but these two bands are pretty similar. Thanx for putting that out. I learned something new.

ron666
Seen them a couple years ago in Mattawa, good times. Personal favourites are "Go Down Fightin'" and "Woke up this Morning", also check out this vid of This Flight Tonight performed on some show called Disco, the video cuts are horrendous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vnOzs0vdlA&feature=fvst
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
I'm not a huge fan, but I think they're great. "Games" is probably one of my top 5 classic rock songs, really, really brilliant song in my opinion. "This Flight Tonight" and "Love Hurts" and "Dream on" are also extremely memorable, brilliant songs...
hmm, now I'm thinking maybe I should become more of a fan.