Hello guys, this is our band in school, called Musicians of Marienlyst (MoM, oh the irony). We performed this song during the last day of school, where everyone met and had their last day together. Our version is a bit modified, we have left out some parts, and added a piano from the verse I believe. The piano also played on the solo along with me. I am the one playing the guitar, to the right - I'll talk about the equipment later. One minor mistake after the solo, other than that it felt quite clean. Our band is also most likely to not play together considering we were pretty much playing together at school - we're not like a garage band. The guitar I used is a Fender Stratocaster, Daphne Blue with a shiny, sparkling finish, I believe. It's a newer model, not one of the early 1960 - unfortunately. Used a Marshall amp stack, and the neck pickup. Anyway, tell us what you think, all opinions are welcome! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5getNGhMu4
Pretty good all round although I thought the guitar was a bit too quiet at times.
Also on the main riff you need to give it more attack so those chika chika sounds sound right (using the bridge pickup and turning up mids helps)
But Good job
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Thanks for the reply. Ye, I'm struggling with making my palmmutes sound loud at all. Do you have any tips? I find it hard strumming up and down when I'm palmmuting :/
You can change the dynamics of a palm muted note, such as the volume and sustain, by learning to control how much you actually press down with your palm. If you barely touch the strings, there will be a much different sound than if you press full and hard. Use both methods and everything inbetween to get your desired sound. Practice makes perfect
Since other have comments about playing i'll comment about perfomance.

You should move and watch the crowd way much more ! You're not even on a stage ! I'll have go play in the crowd if this was my show ! The bassist stand near the drummer, the guitar stand near is amp and for the vocal she doesn't move at all except to watch behind her. This is the most important point to improve for all of you.

There's a few reviews what to do in a show and what not to do... On UG...
Read them it would be so helpful for all of you.

Keep it up !

-Rick
Quote by CamelCloud
Thanks for the reply. Ye, I'm struggling with making my palmmutes sound loud at all. Do you have any tips? I find it hard strumming up and down when I'm palmmuting :/

By this do you mean you're palm muting the riff?
The chika chika sound is done by just a muted strum- mute with your fretting hand.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
I'm sorry but the EQ killed it for me. Instead of palm muting the dead notes in the main riff you mute the strings with your fret hand, it has nothing to do with the palm at all, palm muting is completely different.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the help, everyone. It's our second performance in front of a crowd - so we were all pretty nervous I'd say. How did the piano sound, though? It was a new experiment we tried :-)