Page 1 of 5
I'm addicted to alcohol. I had my first drink on my 18th birthday + graduation night. Since then, I've developed a dependency on it. I took an entire year off in which all I did was drink and party. I feel like I need to have some beer in the fridge at all times, or even just a small bottle of whiskey in the deep freeze as a backup. I keep telling myself I can quit, but I just want to. I have not even attempted to quit. I enjoy it too much. I don't think I'll be able to quit if I ever decide to stop.

What's your poison, Pit?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
now it's guitar, it has been drugs before, not anymore though, also ive been addicted to a girl
Mountain dew, man I drink like 20-25 bottles of that stuff a week,
I used to be addicted to alcohol from 2006-2009. Nowadays I just smoke a lot of cigarettes.
I used to be addicted to Cigarettes when I was between 13-15, but I gave up at 15. Took up smoking again at 18 after the girl I was with who got me to stop and I broke up. I've not been addicted since and haven't got any cravings in the last 3 years; partly because I now only smoke when drunk or really stressed. I can regularly go weeks without smoking if I can't be arsed to buy a pack, but it saves me money when I'm out and it's a fun way to meet people.
Same state theory FTW.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If I have a packet of roasted/salted cashew nuts it's getting finished, regardless of the packet size.
None that I'm aware of.

Does sleep count? I'm constantly tired and – no matter where I am or what I'm doing – I'm always in the mood for a nap.
MATTERHORN
I'm an alcoholic bru.

Not too strong, I s'pose. 1 1/2 to 2 bottles of wine a night.

Could be worse.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Doctor Matthews
None that I'm aware of.

Does sleep count? I'm constantly tired and – no matter where I am or what I'm doing – I'm always in the mood for a nap.

you need to do some exercise.

i haven't had any real addictions. I've been easily able to quit or severely curb any of my vices.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Coffee!

Inspired by At The Gates, Dimension Zero, The Black Dahlia Murder etc.

Malsrud

Swedish Melodic Death Metal

Debut album The Disclosure available for free listening at
Facebook and Spotify

cigarettes and weed. I smoke too much of both every day.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I used to drink way too much, but I stopped a while ago and now I don't even feel like drinking beer socially anymore. I haven't had so much as a rum chocolate for about 5 weeks.

I used to smoke almost a pack of cigarettes a day and am now down to a cig a day tops, and haven't had one for 5 days and am feeling fine.

I used to drink like 5-6 cups of coffee a day, now I'm too cheap to spend the money on it.

I used to eat unhealthy crap and fast food regularly, but over the past month I've lost 6 kilos due to a change in diet and taking time every day to move around, walking at least 2 miles a day.

I still smoke weed every now and then, but it's hard to come by and expensive, so I can't say I'm addicted to that.

I s'pose I'm addicted to music?
That's an addiction I won't ever try to kick, though

EDIT: oh and money. I can't ever get enough money. I am addicted to money.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 22, 2011,
Tea. I have a pint mug that I use. I have about 6 or 7 cups of tea a day. More if I'm at work.
Cigs, I flip out if I don't have at least 1 a day. Oh and Dr Pepper, that shits delicious.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Tea. I have a pint mug that I use. I have about 6 or 7 cups of tea a day. More if I'm at work.

Sometimes I think all I do is drink tea.. I always seem to have a cup of it beside me, whether or not I drink it.
I would say my current addiction is probably pole dancing. Its not half as sexy as it sounds, but its so much fun. I bought a pole a couple of months about after about 8 monts of lessons and I'm still shocked that I use it everyday. Its wonderful. I guess thats a somewhat healthy addiction though
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino

I would say my current addiction is probably pole dancing.

+100 profile views

edit: woah its a female... you've surprised me yet again UG.

mine is pepsi, im pretty dependent.

I drink a case(24) in 2-4 days and if a dont have at least a couple every few hours i get massive headaches.
Last edited by mysterion2112 at Jun 22, 2011,
Still Fanta. Me and my mates will go to KFC and eat/drink ourselves silly, and then straight after go to McDonald's so I can get a still fanta. I had a still piss once
Quote by JackalUK
If I have a packet of roasted/salted cashew nuts it's getting finished, regardless of the packet size.

This! Every damn time.

They just sit on my desk.

Looking,

LOOKING.

I hide them in a draw,

They call to me,

CURSE YOU CASHEWS!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Last year, it was booze. Drank ~25 units, 3-4 times a week. Barely had any days where I wasn't either hungover or expecting to get drunk that evening. Also was doing LSA once every 1-2 weeks (doesn't sound much, but with psychedelics, that really is over-use). This year, cut down the booze to ~10 units, once a fortnight. No more LSA either. Replaced it with cigs and a lot of weed (the latter of which has become a major problem for me academically). But now I haven't smoked anything in about a week and a half, and feel much better for it. I aim to reintroduce weed into my life, but just at weekends, keep the same sort of alcohol consumption, and honestly cigarettes can go **** themselves.
oh yeah, and throughout all of this, i've been MAD on the coffee. i mostly drink tea instead now, and less of it.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jun 22, 2011,
Tea and marijuana.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
oh wait I thought of something

I buy a package of gummi worms and think "Oh I'll just have a couple and save the rest for later", but I always end up eating them all. I love the taste, I love the colors, I love the fact that they're little worms. If I could I'd have these for breakfast, lunch and dinner

My name is CoreysMonster and I'm a gummiholic.
Quote by CoreysMonster

you should go to Amphibious-caecilians Anonymous
I don't think I have any real addictions.

My fridge almost always has Barq's root beer in it, but it's not like I need to drink it. And I have coffee a lot, but there a lot of times I don't want it. I love fast food but there's weeks where it's the last thing i wanna eat.

And I drink pretty often, but there's plenty of times where I don't wanna drink...

...And I don't smoke anything.

I don't have any addictions. I feel like a social outcast without an addiction
what's wrong with me man?!?!
I guess I could get addicted to heroin... You know, so I can be normal
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Jun 22, 2011,
I drink 2-4 nights a week. I haven't drank heavily in about a month, and probably two or more months before that.

I drink fairly regularly, but normally not more than 5-7 beers (or the equivilant) every time. Normally it's actually less than that
Quote by Domino
I would say my current addiction is probably pole dancing. Its not half as sexy as it sounds, but its so much fun. I bought a pole a couple of months about after about 8 monts of lessons and I'm still shocked that I use it everyday. Its wonderful. I guess thats a somewhat healthy addiction though

Niiiceee...

OT: Soda
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I've got propensity for addiction up and down both sides of my family. My parents quite literally met in AA. I made a promise to them that I wouldn't smoke or drink. I don't smoke, but I do drink and I think I hold to the spirit of the promise I made them. I was at the hospital after my uncle ran into a tree driving drunk and needed a 15" rod put in his leg and saw it bring my aunt to the point of drinking mouthwash for the alcohol in it and eventually killing herself because of it.

I've seen what it can do to a life, so if I feel like I'm starting to lose control over it, I stop drinking until I feel like I can again. Sometimes that means I stop for 6 months. Sometimes it's 6 weeks. I can't afford to have that kind of dependency.
Good night sweet liver OP.

My uncle is an alcoholic, in addition to prescription abuse and is ruining his family and his life.

My girlfriend's father has COPD from smoking cigerette and is on oxygen 24/7 at 58, and not looking too good.

Good luck with your addiction goals in 2011
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I smoke cigarettes. I usually go through about a pack a week, which isn't too bad. I usually smoke more if I'm out with friends and all. Could be worse, I suppose.
Coffee - get mega withdrawal from it, although I've been cutting back hugely lately, so that's sort of fixed that.

And rock climbing, mega depression hits if I've not climbed for about 3 or 4 days, it's a serious addiction.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Good night sweet liver OP.

My uncle is an alcoholic, in addition to prescription abuse and is ruining his family and his life.

My girlfriend's father has COPD from smoking cigerette and is on oxygen 24/7 at 58, and not looking too good.

Good luck with your addiction goals in 2011

I don't have prescriptions. Go me. Nor do I smoke. Those'll kill you.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I used to be addicted to Cigarettes when I was between 13-15, but I gave up at 15. Took up smoking again at 18 after the girl I was with who got me to stop and I broke up. I've not been addicted since and haven't got any cravings in the last 3 years; partly because I now only smoke when drunk or really stressed. I can regularly go weeks without smoking if I can't be arsed to buy a pack, but it saves me money when I'm out and it's a fun way to meet people.
Same state theory FTW.

I know lots of people who smoke that way, surprisingly. ie, only buying a pack when they're stressed or for something special. Even my dad is that way, but he also occasionally smokes cigars.

I have nothing that I'm physically addicted to, but I guess I do smoke a lot of weed. On the daily. But it doesn't really affect my life in a negative way, so I'm not stopping any time soon, I don't want to. It does take a lot out of my money, though.

Quote by Colgate Total
I don't have prescriptions. Go me. Nor do I smoke. Those'll kill you.

Alcohol abuse destroys the liver.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll

And it makes you gain weight and gives you high blood-pressure.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I don't know if I've ever been physically addicted to anything to the point where I couldn't go a sane day without.
I've smoked, drank, taken weed, speed, K and various hallucinogens but never had any great trouble stopping all of the above. Smoking was the hardest, but just because all my friends smoked in college.
I guess currently I just drink a lot of tea.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
None that I'm aware of.

You should go to the doctor for that man, sounds like a medical problem, my mom noticed me being tired all the time when I was 15 and it turns out I had sleep apnea.

Quote by CoreysMonster
oh wait I thought of something

I buy a package of gummi worms and think "Oh I'll just have a couple and save the rest for later", but I always end up eating them all. I love the taste, I love the colors, I love the fact that they're little worms. If I could I'd have these for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Also, this, except the sour ones coated in sugar .

Currently trying to stave off taking my adderall everyday too, been phsyically dependent on oxycontin before and have been through a phase of heavy drinking. The oxycontin was real bad times, I don't recommend it.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Quote by CoreysMonster
And it makes you gain weight and gives you high blood-pressure.

Quit hassling me, man.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I don't have any physical addictions for the time being.

I haven't smoked a cigarette since April (finals week, cut me some slack), I haven't smoked pot for around three years now, I drink alcohol far less frequently than I used to. My short stint with hydrocodone ended before it really got started. I don't drink soda, coffee, or anything with caffeine in it....if I had to say one thing is my bane it would probably be sweet, delicious Ramen.
Quote by UraniYum

Quit hassling me, man.

I'm not hassling you, I had all of those symptoms myself, dude.
Page 1 of 5