Okay so i just started a pop-punk/easycore/melodic hardcore band and i need a new bass amp badly. And i honestly dont know shit about amps So anyway we'll be playing stuff like FOUR YEAR STRONG, CHUNK! NO, CAPTAIN CHUNK!, SET YOUR GOALS kinda stuff, so obviously i need something kinda versitile that ill be able to get that hardcore tone with. we'll be playing some good venues so i also need something loud. my budgets about $550 so anything good under that would be great but all sugggestions are helpful

RECAP:
EASYCORE/POP-PUNK BAND
LOUD
VERSITILE
PREFERABLY UNDER $550
yeahh ive checked out my sam ash for used deals and ther wasnt much so im gonna wait like 2 weeks and go back
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
Quote by acidrainman64
yeahh ive checked out my sam ash for used deals and ther wasnt much so im gonna wait like 2 weeks and go back

Look on Craigslist.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I have one question: what the **** is easycore? how could anyone genre class something as that.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I have one question: what the **** is easycore? how could anyone genre class something as that.

This is my question as well.

Seriously does every fucking generic genre have to have -core at the end of its name now?

This core fad is just getting retardedly stupid now.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by fatgoogle

+1 I came in here mostly to ask this.

As for an amp, look into GK if you want to buy new, the MB combos are pretty good, or you could get like an MB200 head and some variety of cabinet in your budget. Keep an eye on craigslist though, used Peaveys and Ashdowns in particular are usually pretty inexpensive.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by fatgoogle

My thoughts exactly. It sounds like Barry Manilow trying to be a tough guy.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
... easycore........sounds like hardcore played by hookers......Sig me for that I don't care.....
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
if you have nothing to contribute then dont say shit, your not anymore important than anyone else

and to answer your questions easycore is basically pop-punk but with hardcore instrumentals. look at bands such as Four Year Strong and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
Quote by acidrainman64
if you have nothing to contribute then dont say shit, your not anymore important than anyone else

and to answer your questions easycore is basically pop-punk but with hardcore instrumentals. look at bands such as Four Year Strong and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!

1.That's not hardcore

2.*you're

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Any amp you like the sound of and can afford.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by acidrainman64

Ooooh snappy. You ask a question, i ask a question. Simple as, as simple is.

Any amp will do 200 watts at 8 ohms or so i would say.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I fail to see the point of these threads. Are some musicians so unwilling to go out there and experiment? Any amplifier would work with any genre. It's tone. It's a personal choice, and not one you can just randomly ask a bass forum. If you want to be a blind, sheeplike musician, then reword your question to:

"I want to play Easycore and ONLY Easycore, what is the stereotypical equipment setup for all of the awful bassists in those awful bands? I want to sound exactly like them and with as little personal musicianship as possible."

Alternatively: "I'm on a budget of about $500, please reccomend me an amplifier for a new bassist."

And, yeah, you're being incredibly snappy. I wouldn't say anyone here is more important than anyone else (except for maybe anarkee), but there ARE people on this forum with more knowledge of bass equipment/musicianship. You're the one asking the question.

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
Last edited by ManInPeril at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by smb
That's a really helpful post ManInPeril...well done

I think it is.
It's saying for people to go out and try things and decide for themselves instead of asking a load of people they don't know questions with no real answer.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Who's saying the guy isn't going out and trying stuff? He just asked a simple question, presumably hoping for a simple answer to point him in the direction of stuff that fits his requirements. We don't all have access to every amp available. There's no need to be all aggressive on here as a few people have been in this thread.
well in that case he's being very unhelpful

if he has been out and tried things then he should be saying what he liked and didn't like
if he wants a combo or a head
what specs he needs and those he would prefer
etc
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Sure, but that's his problem. I just don't like to see people acting like dicks in the bass forum. We're better than that.
Quote by smb
Sure, but that's his problem. I just don't like to see people acting like dicks in the bass forum. We're better than that.

finally. thanks dude this is the kinda stuff i wanted to hear. i was gettin sick of all the assholes that feel the need to start shit over nothing

and yes i have gone out and tried stuff at samash. im just trying to get a general idea of what i should be keeping an eye on when i try them out.
CT Musicians

After a quick search of guitar center's used section, I saw a GK 4x10 Cab in CT for $150.00. Then just pick up a used or cheap head, and you'll be under your budget for sure.
Hey, man I'm sorry for what I put about easycore. I was veeeeeeeeery overtired I know that's no real excuse, but forgive me, dude.
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
Quote by ETHANEVIL
Hey, man I'm sorry for what I put about easycore. I was veeeeeeeeery overtired I know that's no real excuse, but forgive me, dude.

its all good, i just dont get why people feel the need to just start shit over what music im into.. im the one listening to it not you so relax
CT Musicians

Quote by Pandawithapick
After a quick search of guitar center's used section, I saw a GK 4x10 Cab in CT for $150.00. Then just pick up a used or cheap head, and you'll be under your budget for sure.

sweet man thanks
CT Musicians

Quote by acidrainman64
its all good, i just dont get why people feel the need to just start shit over what music im into.. im the one listening to it not you so relax
I know what you mean I listen to black veil brides for gods sake.....
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
I just wanted to know what it is. Ive never heard of it before and it piss's me off how everything has to be so genre classed now and something new is appearing everyday.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I just wanted to know what it is. Ive never heard of it before and it piss's me off how everything has to be so genre classed now and something new is appearing everyday.

this too. I agree.
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb