Hey! I'm new here.
This is me and my friend sound checking on studio.. (Trying to get that "Metallica lead tone")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt4qRnVygXE
The guitarist is out of tempo so ignore that please

If someone knows how to get more close to that tone, please tell me.
How about you/he learn to play first?

I find the tone NOT to be good, seems really muddy to me

edit:

You want to sound like him, then buy pickups, amp and pedals he uses
Last edited by Zeletros at Jun 22, 2011,
I actually use the bridge pickup for that solo, the neck pickup just seems to mud it out too much for my taste.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
Quote by PatheticMedic
I actually use the bridge pickup for that solo, the neck pickup just seems to mud it out too much for my taste.

I think you'r guitar is alot better then this guitar so it's diffrent...

How about you/he learn to play first?

I find the tone NOT to be good, seems really muddy to me

edit:

You want to sound like him, then buy pickups, amp and pedals he uses

You'r just stupid
Quote by Pixels
I think you'r guitar is alot better then this guitar so it's diffrent...

You'r just stupid

What?

You don't like people who don't give you "ow man that's so awesome!", this forum is a place where, mostly, "badass not give a shit assholes" give consructive criticism, pal.

It didn't sound good to me, so I say it didn't sound good. And I even went as far as to give you advice
Last edited by Zeletros at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
What?

You don't like people who don't give you "ow man that's so awesome!", this forum is a place where, mostly, "badass not give a shit assholes" give consructive criticism, pal.

It didn't sound good to me, so I say it didn't sound good. And I even went as far as to give you advice

Next time say that like you want to help.
Say what to improve and what is not good.
Quote by Pixels
Next time say that like you want to help.
Say what to improve and what is not good.

I did say...

The tone is muddy, the playing is not good,

so practice more, and tweak the tone
Quote by Zeletros
I did say...

The tone is muddy, the playing is not good,

so practice more, and tweak the tone

COPY THAT!
But I think it's impsoble to buy his gear and I dont want to do that, I want to get the closer sound I can with my gear.
thank you
yeah i don't know what that douchebag is talking about. as soon as i heard it, i instantly knew you could stop 'hunting' for the 'right' tone now ... cuz you've got one that sounds pretty damn close and really good as it is! great job!
Okay wait wait wait...

You've been to a studio? And you've get that tone? Dude seriously... Nothing against you, your playing or your music style but this is definitely really bad for studio quality. I think you should really practice way much more. Try to practice getting tone at home. Don't spend money to sound like that it's ridiculous. You can't put that quality on a CD it's just not good enough. Listen to a few examples here on UG you'll see that people recording at home can get way MUCH more better quality just by home recording.

Going to a studio is suppose to be when you really want the perfection. This ain't perfection i am sorry to say that. I don't know what you could improve?... Your tone that for sure but?... Do you really find that it actually sound '' studio quality '' ? If you like it then keep it i have no problems with that it's all about personal opinion but i can't tell you that it's cheap quality.

Anyway if someone want to threat me douche keep playing with your Metal Zone pedal at full high and gain. Best tone possible...

Don't take it personal playing was okay and you really look like you've enjoyed the tone so keep it up !!

-Rick

Edit: If you want go on my profile I got a cover listen to it... It's home recording which is suppose to sound bad compare to studio quality... (I ain't really good to get tone neither... )
Last edited by MGTForum at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by MGTForum
Okay wait wait wait...

You've been to a studio? And you've get that tone? Dude seriously... Nothing against you, your playing or your music style but this is definitely really bad for studio quality. I think you should really practice way much more. Try to practice getting tone at home. Don't spend money to sound like that it's ridiculous. You can't put that quality on a CD it's just not good enough. Listen to a few examples here on UG you'll see that people recording at home can get way MUCH more better quality just by home recording.

Going to a studio is suppose to be when you really want the perfection. This ain't perfection i am sorry to say that. I don't know what you could improve?... Your tone that for sure but?... Do you really find that it actually sound '' studio quality '' ? If you like it then keep it i have no problems with that it's all about personal opinion but i can't tell you that it's cheap quality.

Anyway if someone want to threat me douche keep playing with your Metal Zone pedal at full high and gain. Best tone possible...

Don't take it personal playing was okay and you really look like you've enjoyed the tone so keep it up !!

-Rick

Edit: If you want go on my profile I got a cover listen to it... It's home recording which is suppose to sound bad compare to studio quality... (I ain't really good to get tone neither... )

I have a home studio, the recored you hearing on youtube is away badly then what I hear at home.
You can go to my channel page at Youtube to check my equipment I think it's away better the "Metal Zone pedal"

Thanks for you comment I will fix that !
I will try to upload a new video soon with better quality (Actually I'm a Bass player)
Last edited by Pixels at Jun 23, 2011,
That is some m%$#er f%$#ing tone you've got there, though I think you used a little bit too much reverb.

To my opinion there was a timing problem, and I also think that some notes were missing / not heard so clearly.

Besides that, thumbs up, keep recording
My YouTube Channel

My Gear:
Guitars (lefties):
- Black Washburn Mercury II - MG Series
- Black LTD KH-202

Effects:
- Zoom GFX 707-II
- Electro Harmonix Metal Muff Distortion
- MXR Fullbore® Metal

Amplifier:
- Marshall MG30DFX
I don't really think this is the right place to be asking questions about tone, when this is a sub-forum, to showcase cover songs, and exchange critiques on them.

How about you search either UG, or google, to see how others achieve a Metallica solo tone, with your current gear? I don't find your guitar tone to be all that bad, but if you are in a pro studio, you will need to get the help and advice of a professional sound engineer to get something with a bit better quality for a CD.
Was this recorded directly from the amp line in? It sounds kind of muddy. Also, the bend at the end is too short, but hopefully you have noticed that.

Would you check my cover of this song? I just uploaded too and it's not getting many views.. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWs5dA-_G5c

or UG thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27532075#post27532075
Last edited by 1990EAM at Jun 27, 2011,