i just got a DigiTech RP255 Guitar Multi Effect Pedal, I am completely lost on how to use it. I just want to have a few preset channels that i can jump from a clean tone to distortion and have a few different effects buttons. is there a way i can set it up so that when i just push the button it will do the effect i want rather than having to scroll through all 60 to find the one i want?
Okay, do you see the 12 lights to the left? Each light means something. Distortion, delay, chorus, etc. Use the edit arrows to highlight a category, and press the nob to the farthest left, which turns on and off that highlighted category. Got it?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Okay, do you see the 12 lights to the left? Each light means something. Distortion, delay, chorus, etc. Use the edit arrows to highlight a category, and press the nob to the farthest left, which turns on and off that highlighted category. Got it?

ya i got that part i made my own presets and stuff already but i want to just be able to push on of the foot pedals and just have it turn on and off with out having to scroll through is there a way to do that?
Yes, you mean you want to turn on and off distortion, delay, and fx in stomp box mode?
Quote by kutless999
Yes, you mean you want to turn on and off distortion, delay, and fx in stomp box mode?

ya like while im playing i wanna just do quick changes by pushing the buttons so i dont have to stop playing to change the effects
Quote by Vendetta V
dude, read the manual. then make 2 presets, then change back and forth srsly not a big trouble, that thing does require to read the manual and it aint shameful idk if it's got stomp mode tho... i have RP355 and upgraded from RP250 which didnt have

i did read the manual cover to cover tbh is stomp mode what i'm talking about? thats not mentioned in it so maybe i bought the wrong thing then?
Quote by fly135
You bought a multifx with too few footswitches.

i figured it out now lol i just gotta set the two effects i want on top of eachother so i can switch back and forth with the two pedals. i got it now thanks for the help guys
That's why I got the 355, so I could have 3 switches and stomp box mode.
Quote by kutless999
That's why I got the 355, so I could have 3 switches and stomp box mode.

ya i'll prob get something similar to that next time, this is just what i was told a good multi effects pedal for someone who has never used a pedal b4.
Quote by asb9pwns
ya i'll prob get something similar to that next time, this is just what i was told a good multi effects pedal for someone who has never used a pedal b4.

Yeah, the rp255 is a great pedal. I just got my 355 and I love it. Next time I think I'll try an hd 500 or if they have something newer, I'll just to go for that. We'll see though... Did you get your question answered?
Quote by asb9pwns
It is a good unit anyway. I picked up an RP155 for $60 but soon realized I wanted more switches and happened on a good deal on the RP1000.