Okay. So I've got $500 to spend, and I've narrowed it down to four choices.

First thing first, my friend is offering me a used Les Paul Ultra II for $500, and that seems like a good deal to me, especially in it's condition, but I was kind of hoping to go new.

So here's my other choices.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-ec-256-electric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-sa260fm-electric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-blacktop-telecaster-hh-electric-guitar/h61568

I had an Ibanez S series guitar already, and loved it, I just didn't want to deal with the floating bridge anymore, so I sold it, but that SA looks pretty nice with it's fixed bridge.

I really want a Les Paul Shape though, and that ESP looks pretty nice for the price, and I can always swap in some Guitar Fetish Pickups for cheap.

And that Tele looks really nice, I like the feel of tele's and that one has the Dual Humbuckers, which I think is ****ing awesome, cause I can't stand anything from single coils.

So what do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm kind of a sucker for ESP guitars, so be sure to tell me what the best deal is on these.
Last edited by andrew.whocares at Jun 22, 2011,
Personally, I'd go with the Tele.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Personally, I'd go with the Tele.

Any reasons as to why it's better than the rest?

Or just cause you like it? haha
Quote by andrew.whocares
Any reasons as to why it's better than the rest?

Or just cause you like it? haha

I don't like Les Pauls very much, and the Tele is something you can get a lot of tone out of. In the long run, putting a pickup in there that'll coil tap will give you a multitude of tonal options.

Aside from liking Telecasters, I just feel like it's going to be the most versatile/customizable in the end.

But yes, I do like it

And I'm also an Ibanez guy, so thumbs up on your S purchase. I love those guitars.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

I don't like Les Pauls very much, and the Tele is something you can get a lot of tone out of. In the long run, putting a pickup in there that'll coil tap will give you a multitude of tonal options.

Aside from liking Telecasters, I just feel like it's going to be the most versatile/customizable in the end.

But yes, I do like it

And I'm also an Ibanez guy, so thumbs up on your S purchase. I love those guitars.

hahha, okay, right now, It's kind of a tie between that Tele and the Ultra II my friend wants to sell me
Tele. its a fairly well made instrument and the hardware is quite good. they do benefit quite a bit from pickup upgrades, but the stock ones work just fine.
......This is God, my account isnt working so I'm using this persons, you need to buy the tele, thy lord hath commanded it
The LP is your best deal for getting quality at a cheap price. But the Tele is a nice guitar also. I say play the Tele to see which you like better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Les Paul.

Right, that debate's closed.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.