So I've been researching the schecter c1 hellraiser, and I like it. But before I go out and grab one I would like to see my other options. Can you guys give me some guitars that are similar to the hellraiser so I can check those out too?
The Blackjack line of Schecters is really good. It's essentially the Hellraiser but less flashy and they have SD Blackouts, which are generally preferred to EMGs. Other than that, you should check out some ESPs and Ibanezes in the price range to see how you feel about the necks. A lot of people have issues with Schecter's neck comfort, so you don't want to buy blindly with them.
modes are a social construct
What does your rig consist of? Amp? Pedals? Other guitars to look at would be the Schecter ATX guitars, ESP EC1000 or similar. You are paying extra for the newer emg pickups, which aren't anything special, so research some cheaper Schecters or ESP guitars with the 81/85 or 81/60 pickups. Also, I wouldn't go with active pickups unless they will be played through an all tube amp.
Last edited by SSampuser68 at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by Hail
The Blackjack line of Schecters is really good. It's essentially the Hellraiser but less flashy and they have SD Blackouts, which are generally preferred to EMGs. Other than that, you should check out some ESPs and Ibanezes in the price range to see how you feel about the necks. A lot of people have issues with Schecter's neck comfort, so you don't want to buy blindly with them.

This man knows his stuff, I've nothing to add. IIRC the ESP Ltd H-1001 is quite similar in speck with the non-floyd Hellraisers.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
All right so what im hearing is go active through an all tube amp, but I have a peavey vypyr tube120. What does that mean? Still go passive?
Last edited by BOPAWholewheat at Jun 22, 2011,
Go with passives, it is not a real tube amp. Just my opinion, if you really like the C-1 go for it. I've tried emg loaded guitars through 75 watt vypyrs, and it sounded good, but not warm sounding. Passives add warmth to sound, look for something with Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios.