Hi guys! I've been playing the guitar for about 5-6 months now, and I'm looking to invest into a set of stuff that will keep me "entertained" for at least 2-3 years before looking into something new. Here is the stuff I've found. And keep in mind if you have any other suggestions to the stuff I've found - I live in Norway, Europe. So don't suggest equipment from American sites that don't ship to Europe. Here is what I've found, and want your opinion about.

Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Special P-90 WY Worn Yellow
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-P-90-WY-Worn-Yellow/art-GIT0020450-000

or

Gibson SG Classic WC Worn Cherry
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Gibson-SG-Classic-WC-Worn-Cherry/art-GIT0020969-000

Amp: Fame Vintage Line GX15G Combo
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitar-amps/Fame-Vintage-Line-GX15G-Combo-/art-GIT0010460-000

Jack: Planet Waves Instrument Cable
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Guitar-cables/Planet-Waves-Instrument-Cable-6m-straight-koaxial-PW-CGT-20/art-ACC0001408-000

--

If you guys have ANY other suggestions that are cheaper, better, whatever - please post them. I need every single opinion I can get
What's your budget/musical style?
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
My budget is around 850€ which is around $1300. My musical style is really random. I can really be hip on Guns N Roses one day, and then start playing songs by SVR.
Look at a Burny Les Paul! The one's from the 80's/early 90's are Gibson quality but half the price.
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
Don't get a really expensive guitar and lowball your amp like that, especially with a $1,300 budget. Your amp should cost at least as much as your guitar IMO.
Boy, that amp sure does look an awful lot like a Fender...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
^No, leave it at that and don't ask why.

Invest in a nice tube amp, that'll do you for the 2-3 years.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by CamelCloud
About as high as I'll go for an amp. I don't have enough money to spend another 500€ on an amp.. That's way above the budget - even with this amp it is.

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitar-amps/Fame-VS10012TS-Combo-/art-GIT0010481-000

Buy used, check your local advert sites. And maybe rethink how much you're willing to spend on the guitar?

EDIT: Try Thomann
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 22, 2011,
I would go for the SG, or maybe look for another guitar, maybe PRS? And then for the amp, Bugera V22 should do the work, it costs around 250-300 euros.
if hes starting out and not gigging, then get a good guitar. it will motivate you to practice more. when he gets better, he will get a better ear and a better amp
Well you have to know that soon or late you'll want a good amp... My laney, which isn't a bad amp, is not suited for all the stuff I want to play anymore, so I'll have to change myself. But I'm not gonna persuade you to invest more on the amp however.

On the other hand, are you sure that you want guitars with p90 in them if you're after versatility (going from GnR to SRV) ? Because those are supposedly rather noisy pickups, and you might better with dual humbuckers and coil taps.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by conor-figgy
Buy used, check your local advert sites. And maybe rethink how much you're willing to spend on the guitar?

EDIT: Try Thomann

Typical, Norway isn't there..

Anyway, what good Gibson guitar is using HBs - that is around the price of the Les Paul and SG, Doggy-Style?
Is there any reason why you're only considering a Gibson ? Well the most affordable would be a Gibson SG special faded. But I don't know how good it is, plus I heard the quality check at Gibson isn't the best. So it might be risky to buy one on-line.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by Doogy-Style
Is there any reason why you're only considering a Gibson ? Well the most affordable would be a Gibson SG special faded. But I don't know how good it is, plus I heard the quality check at Gibson isn't the best. So it might be risky to buy one on-line.

No particular reason, I just like their look. Always liked the SG- and Paula-models for some reason. Ibanez just looks way too "rocky" for me .
+ to dont lowball your amp....get a decent guitar and a good amp...after all...how good with your $1000+ guitar sound through a crappy amp?

Remember-Only the rich can afford to buy twice.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Go for the SG and any amp really. Good guitar is more important than a good amp. (ALMOST!!!) Any amp can be EQ'd to sound fine as long as it works, but a good guitar will motivate you to be a better player, and is that what we all want to be?
Quote by CamelCloud

Suggested that in another thread today. Someone took it (though probably not from me) at least.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Suggested that in another thread today. Someone took it (though probably not from me) at least.

It sounds sweet from that video on the site! But I guess it's gonna be this amp and the SG, then. Might change the SG for a Junior.
Last edited by m33sta at Jun 23, 2011,
LTD guitar maybe? their midrange guitars have nice quality, and it should leave you with a good amount of money leftover for a good amp. I'm telling you, playing with good equipment will keep you more motivated than playing with the cheap crappy one. You can have a gibson but those crappy Fame amps look like Marshall and Fender ripoffs and will probably sound bad and make you wish you have bought something else.

Look into the ESP LTD EC-401, which is about 650 US dollars, and then you'll still have 650 for a good small low wattage tube amp and you wont regret your decision.
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Quote by CamelCloud
That PRS does look pretty neat. So does that Peave amp.

You have a good budget,

Also put aside 50 euros to get the guitar setup, im not saying it wont already be done but you never know

and as d.c above says the LTD stuff is good, basically have a look around, ask here but most important is TRY before you buy!
Last edited by m33sta at Jun 23, 2011,
Problem is, the store is in Germany, and I'm from Norway. And the only local stores, AFAIK, only have Epiphones - which I'm not keen on at all. I just don't like the whole "being made from cheaper wood", it just takes away the whole purpose of catching buyers into buying one of their guitars.

The ESP LTD looks pretty nice, been watching some videos - it sounds crisp as hell. But what do you guys think about Gibson Les Paul Studio's? I've found some Honey Burst looking ones for rough 600€. Like these ones.

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Gibson-LP-Studio-60-s-Tribute-WHB-Worn-Honey-Burst/art-GIT0021025-000

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Gibson-LP-Studio-60-s-Tribute-WGT-Worn-Gold-Top/art-GIT0021023-000

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NOK/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Gibson-LP-Studio-60-s-Tribute-WHCS-Worn-Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst/art-GIT0021027-000

The Cherry Sunburst is making my choice between the SG and Studio hard. I might also change the pickups from the P90 Singlecoils to Chrome Humbuckers.
Im not gonna lie, I looked into those 60's tribute Les Pauls before I bought my LTD, they look pretty nice! but the LTD seemed like the best deal for me. I never really trust cheaper Gibsons, But that's just me. The LTD does come with Seymour Duncans already which are killer.
Its a tough decision. haha
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Quote by d.c.guitar
Im not gonna lie, I looked into those 60's tribute Les Pauls before I bought my LTD, they look pretty nice! but the LTD seemed like the best deal for me. I never really trust cheaper Gibsons, But that's just me. The LTD does come with Seymour Duncans already which are killer.
Its a tough decision. haha

Ye, I just can't decide. Imagine that 60's tribute Les Paul with Chrome Hum or Bruckbuckers. Would sound almost like a Standard or Traditional.