Hi guys,

So I was planning to buy a Seymour Duncan Convertible amp today for £200, and I phoned the store and it's sold. I was absolutely gutted. Oh well, a deal like that wasn't going to last long...

Anyway, the other two amps I was thinking about buying were these two:

Vox Valvetronix - 120watt
http://www.gtrmusic.co.uk/vox-vt120...ombo-p-233.html

Bugera v55 - 55watt
http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_v55.htm

Which one should I go for? From the reviews I've read, the Bugera is really nice for the money, and the Vox's amp modelling is pretty impressive (apparently). Unfortunately I can't try any of them out, so I have to order online and hope for the best, I can always send it back if anything goes wrong.

Any other amp suggestions would be great.

(Here is the info about my playing if anyone could help me).

My band have recently started gigging again, and once again I am faced with the problem of having no amplifier. When we used to gig a few years back, I borrowed a Marshall solid state amp which wasn't actually too bad, but now he's sold it and I don't have anything to use for gigs. So I'm in a sticky situation, and I need help choosing a decent amp within my price range.

I have about £400 to spend and I am willing to go used. I play a lot of classic rock (GNR) blues (Hendrix), standard rock (Foo Fighters, Audioslave ect.) RATM (Really do not know what to class that as) and a little bit of metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden ect.)

I really do need my cleans because although I play a fair amount of rock and occasionally metal, I absolutely LOVE the sound you can achieve with a strat or a tele, and my bands sound consists of a lot of quiet, mellow cleans, but I also want a nice distortion channel instead of having to buy pedals. Built in effects aren't really needed, but if they're any good then I'll go for it.

I'm looking for a tube amp, but I know I won't get much for £400, so if there's a decent ss, then I'd be willing to take a look.

I need something loud enough for gigs in front of about 200 - 300 people. If it helps at all I own a Fender Classic Player 50's Strat (plays like a dream) and a Digitech RP350 (I know, don't laugh, my band does a lot of covers and it is a lot easier to save patches on that instead of having to ratchet everything back and forth to get the correct sound for each song) Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Apologies for copying from my old thread.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

dang that sucks

you can get a traynor ycv50b for ~£400 on thomann. just so you know. apparently it's a bit of a pain to change tubes on, but aside from that, it's a pretty good deal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall ma50c shouldn't be much more than 400 quid, and I think thats a pretty nice sounding amp, would fit perfectly with the style of music you play aswell.. And its all tube 50w with a great build in distortion..
I know, oh well.

and scroll down the page dude, it's sold out.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my budget is only £350 - £400. All of the Marshall's are round about £500.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Last edited by CharlieSlyster at Jun 22, 2011,
Can anybody else help me out?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

if you're in no rush you could wait... or even email thomann just in case they have a shipment incoming...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
V55 is an ok choice, been thinking of the 333 myself, but not sure of the cleans.
Then there is the rarely mentioned BC30.