Budget? - Up to $1500

Genres? - Blues rock, prog metal, yes I need cleans

New or Used? - Used (head preferably)

Home or Gig? - Home, gigging and recording soon

Closest City? - Seattle, WA

Current Gear? - PRS SE Custom Semi Hollowbody, Orange PPC412 with V30's

I feel like taking on an amp that I can plug straight in and that needs a ton of EQ'ing and knob/switch tweaking (no changing tubes, mods, etc). I want to actually try these amps that people can claim can do country, jazz, progressive metal, smoothy creamy leads, blues, classic rock, br00tals, etc, all in one amp. Cleans are important, too. I'm leaning towards trying Mesa's Mark series, but I'm open to any suggestions. Willing to expand the budget a bit, too.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Used Mark IV, perhaps.

Or you could just get a Tremoverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have to go with the Mark IV man. Everything I've read about their versatility is true and I recently got one (the combo) and it sounds amazing man. You wouldn't expect it looking at the smaller combo but the thing is incredibly well made and has some awesome tones that come of it. Plus, it's right in your range, I bought mine for $1400 off of a friend of mine. You could get the head for a very similar price or maybe slightly higher like $1500 or $1600. You said you like tweaking and well this thing can be tweaked and tweaked and tweaked haha. Finally, for the styles of music you listed it really sounds like this amp can accomplish all of that. Of course, if you can try it, hear it, read about before you buy it.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I have to agree with the above posts
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Has to be a Mark IV or V
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
The Mesa Mark amps definitely get my vote for the versatility. However, these are great options too:

Fryette Sig X
Fryette Pitbull
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I REALLY wish I could tell you Bad Cat Hot Cat 30......but I can't.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
How does the Mark IV compare to the rectifiers as far as versatility? I only know that the rec's have quite a sag. I can find Dual Recs (two channel) in my area for $800 to $1100 and Marks are considerably more expensive (it seems like).
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Quote by jnukes2
How does the Mark IV compare to the rectifiers as far as versatility? I only know that the rec's have quite a sag. I can find Dual Recs (two channel) in my area for $800 to $1100 and Marks are considerably more expensive (it seems like).

Huh? I don't believe you're comparing a Mark to a Recto for versatility. The Mark is one amp that epitomizes versatility. You can have sparkling cleans, to pushed overdrive for blues, tight spanking reactivity for jazz, crunch for rock all the way to grind distortion... even to piss and vinegar for extreme metal.

The two channel Dual Rectos are have a better tone as compared to the 3 channel versions. However, they still fall short of the Marks for versatility.

Quote by jnukes2

I'll put that down as a maybe... it lacks the graphic EQ, I'm also guessing its lacking the reverb and the Simul-Class.

Its definitely worth considering for the price, but just be aware of what you'll not be getting. Altho that said, the early Marks without the graphic EQs have some of the tightest and most responsive bass around. Personally the Simul-Class and GEQ is a sorta must for me.

Don't take my word for it though. Go test the amp and make up your own mind. I'd peg it as "definitely consider" for its price.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
How much do Mark IV heads usually cost used? Looks like I'm gonna try to find one.. maybe a used Mark V...
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Quote by jnukes2
How much do Mark IV heads usually cost used? Looks like I'm gonna try to find one.. maybe a used Mark V...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-/280698597068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415af0aecc

Although I've read that people have gotten them cheaper than that. If you look hard enough I'm sure you could to.

Like I said, I personally bought my 1X12 combo for $1400. I'd expect the head to be around that price range and up.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.