I'm thinking about building my own cab, but I don't want to spend alot of money on the head. So I found a few used head's to try it out with but I don't know which to get. I'll be using for home use an as a testing unit. So these are what I found in my price range.

1. Marshall mg100HDFX 100w head
2. Marshall Bl chorus head
3. Marshall Avt 150h head
4. Blackheart BH 15w head

Any info or advice on these will be great. I will be playing all generes since this will be for home an testing until I can afford the higher end heads.
i dunno about the bichorus, but avoid the other two marshalls. i haven't tried the BH either. but the avt and mg are not very good at all, especially at US prices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I been looking at the peavey Vyper 30w head as well, but there is something about the blackstar ht-5 head that catches my eye as well.
I don't really understand your logic. Building a cab is likely going to cost you just as much as if you were to buy one....

Also, it's really not worth cheaping out on the head and splurging on the cab instead....kinda like buying a Ford Festiva and putting $600 wheels and a spoiler on it....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I have the handsome devil, I think its a great amp and it loves pedals. I've had it for about two years and I still love it. I would certainly choose that over the other amps mentioned.
Get The black heart, the MG and AVT are not very good, especialy for there prices. The Bl chorus I have never heard of, but if it is a ss marshall stay away.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Austin174
Well this is just for fun that's why I'm doing.

and that is what it is all about. we need more like ya.

i think you'd get the most mileage outta the blackheart
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Blackheart.

And way to go on just a random project. I want to see it when you're done.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Alright well it's gonna be a little bit I still got to pick out my design an all that good stuff. Any one want to design me so cabs for 4 12's .

Edit. The head is going to be built into the casing of the cab so it will look like a combo amp.
Last edited by Austin174 at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by Austin174
Alright well it's gonna be a little bit I still got to pick out my design an all that good stuff. Any one want to design me so cabs for 4 12's .

Edit. The head is going to be built into the casing of the cab so it will look like a combo amp.

send a PM to this dude:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Phil+Starr/

he used to design cabs for a living. if you send him you speaker's specs he can tell you the optimal design to utilize your speakers.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae