Probably
107 42%
Probably not
79 31%
No way in hell
17 7%
Voters: 255.
Page 1 of 5
Your only tools are a knife, choice of an axe/machete, some rope and a water purifier. You can be rescued after a year. Could you do it?

Personally I would find it very easy to do, however I doubt it is the case for the majority of people in the western world.

Also just so you don't go insane you can have a dog/cat to keep you company.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I would probably survive longer than the average person, but not by much.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Yes.

Plus I would spent my leisure time building a radio of some sort.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121

I think I'd stand a fair chance if there was a source of food. I'm something of an outdoors person.
Quote by MakinLattes
I probably could and I'm very interested in trying.

Yeah it's on my list of things to do. I would probably like to do it in a rainforest though, more of a challenge.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

I think I'd stand a fair chance if there was a source of food. I'm something of an outdoors person.

It would be a regular temperate forest so yeah wildlife would be abundant.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
I am not a survival type person, so probably not. But I'm sure I could go along time, I'd just go hungry from only eating fruit I can find and maybe fish if I can get with just stabbing them with a sharpened stick. And shelter, I couldn't construct anything good. Also, if a bear confronts me, I wouldn't know what to do.

But with a water purifier and my dog to keep me company, I'd be fine for a while.
It would be so much harder in reality than it seems like it would be.
I'd make the closest bear my bitch, then force him/her to tell me the way out of the forest so that I can get a picnic basket.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Eric_Fail
Yeah it's on my list of things to do. I would probably like to do it in a rainforest though, more of a challenge.

Being female would add an additional difficulty.

I've been thinking of doing something similar over a summer. I read a lot of survival books when I was a kid, it has always intrigued me. Sort of like to see how far I could go. It's hard to explain.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jun 22, 2011,
I watch alot of survival shows but is still think i can't do it. But i think when i have survived for a week or two using and got my camp ready and rolling i could survive for alot longer.

I think the first weeks are the harderst but, what do i know?

Would be indeed intresting to try
Quote by slipknot5678
I am not a survival type person, so probably not. But I'm sure I could go along time, I'd just go hungry from only eating fruit I can find and maybe fish if I can get with just stabbing them with a sharpened stick. And shelter, I couldn't construct anything good. Also, if a bear confronts me, I wouldn't know what to do.

But with a water purifier and my dog to keep me company, I'd be fine for a while.

If all else fails sacrifice your dog to the bear, then do the bear in. ou will then have dog and bear meet to dry out and keep with you.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I don't understand how I could. What would I eat? Leaves? Drink? My own piss?

The hell? Can someone explain how they could survive in such a situation?
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by 剣 斧 血
If all else fails sacrifice your dog to the bear, then do the bear in. ou will then have dog and bear meet to dry out and keep with you.

My dog is my best and only friend.
I think i could, i also think that after a year i might be comfortable enough to want to stay a bit longer. I'd also like to have my dog. Being able to bring one or two of my rifles/shotguns sure would be nice as well.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
With a water purifier? I'd live a long and happy life after I built my jungle guitar. I've lived for a few days at a time in the woods with nothing but a machete before, and the water purifier would take most of the challenge out of it.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
You guys do realise that living off of the land goes beyong just gathering food and purifying water, right? Like what happens when you get sick, or you get an infection or you break a bone or are injured in a way that needs treatment by a second person?

How would you build a shelter to withstand heavy rainfall and keep you warm, but not be blown over by a storm and suffocate you in your sleep? How would you make sure to not freeze in the winter, defend yourself against aggressive wild animals, bugs, the millions of mosquitos and ticks?

I mean, I know humans are resourceful and we're hardwired to be able to quickly adapt to extreme and new situations, but I see a huge problem with sicknesses, especially with the very probable vitamin C deficiency, and successfully defending against wild boars or wolves or whatever.
Not my style, though with effort, its possible for anyone.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by slipknot5678
My dog is my best and only friend.

Its also food on those long hungry days when you're restocking your supplies...

Just look at its moist fleshy nose, you could start with that couldn't you...

A nice dog stew with the bones when you're done with the rest

/youcan'ttellI****inghatedogs

I want a pet bear damn it!
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by 剣 斧 血

I'd still never kill my dog, he wouldn't kill me. We'd die hungry together if that's the case.
Quote by Flibo
I don't understand how I could. What would I eat? Leaves? Drink? My own piss?

The hell? Can someone explain how they could survive in such a situation?

Bear Grylls does

But seriously this is something that has always fascinated me. It's quite simple to survive really. First you build a shelter. Then you start a fire. Then you hunt/scavenge for food. Obviously there is a lot of skill needed to do this, but your natural instincts should be able to get you far.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Quote by 剣 斧 血

That beat will eat you

EDIT: Beat? I meant bear.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jun 22, 2011,
An endless forest...

Sounds very black metal. I'd survive on pure bleak satanism.

I think it's time we blow this scene
Get everybody and the stuff together
Okay
Let's jam

BLAAAAAAAM THIS CRAP
knowing how to fish, hunt, make fire, build, etc, i think i could manage quite well.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by CoreysMonster
You guys do realise that living off of the land goes beyong just gathering food and purifying water, right? Like what happens when you get sick, or you get an infection or you break a bone or are injured in a way that needs treatment by a second person?

How would you build a shelter to withstand heavy rainfall and keep you warm, but not be blown over by a storm and suffocate you in your sleep? How would you make sure to not freeze in the winter, defend yourself against aggressive wild animals, bugs, the millions of mosquitos and ticks?

I mean, I know humans are resourceful and we're hardwired to be able to quickly adapt to extreme and new situations, but I see a huge problem with sicknesses, especially with the very probable vitamin C deficiency, and successfully defending against wild boars or wolves or whatever.

You are overestimating the weather conditions that you would encounter in a temperate forest.

And regarding the Vitamin C deficiency, well animals contain vitamins too you just have to eat all of it, including the eyeballs.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Aww someone got the "drink my own piss" gag in there before me.
Grammar Nazi.
Oh and one more thing, expanding on the Vitamin C thing: Where would you get it from in the winter? all of the plants are frozen, your harvest from the autumn has long since rotted or been eaten, and you have 4-5 months until the next berries and fruit starts growing, and another month or two until they are ripe.

That's 6-7 months without a single vitamin or herbal mineral. Can modern western humans live for over half a year on meat and fish alone?

Quote by Eric_Fail
You are overestimating the weather conditions that you would encounter in a temperate forest.

And regarding the Vitamin C deficiency, well animals contain vitamins too you just have to eat all of it, including the eyeballs.

Ah, now I know.

Also, I'm going with weather conditions from around where I live, which is southwestern germany. Winters can get very harsh here.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster

I've set broken bones in my time. I know how to disinfect a wound with only materials found in the average temperate forest. I've built shelters before. And I have, one time in my life, killed a deer with a machete.

I'd be okay.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh and one more thing, expanding on the Vitamin C thing: Where would you get it from in the winter? all of the plants are frozen, your harvest from the autumn has long since rotted or been eaten, and you have 4-5 months until the next berries and fruit starts growing, and another month or two until they are ripe.

That's 6-7 months without a single vitamin or herbal mineral. Can modern western humans live for over half a year on meat and fish alone?

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2005-08/1123868184.Bc.r.html

remember that fruits and vegetables are not the only source of Vitamins

being omnivores we have the choice of both.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
I'm the only one that has voted no way in hell. At-least im honest with myself
pinga
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That beat will eat you

The beat gonna eat us all!

Quote by CoreysMonster

Ah, now I know.

Also, I'm going with weather conditions from around where I live, which is southwestern germany. Winters can get very harsh here.

Probably. The liver, heart, eyes, and organs of animals contain a lot of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Quote by Eric_Fail
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2005-08/1123868184.Bc.r.html

remember that fruits and vegetables are not the only source of Vitamins

being omnivores we have the choice of both.

How do our western stomachs cope with months of raw meat? I mean, I know we biologically should be able to do it, but people have problems sometimes just eating food from other countries, are our stomachs still tough enough to do that?
Wow, you lot sure are optimistic about your abilities.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Page 1 of 5