Okay, so I'm going to build a solid body electric ukulele this summer and I have some questions. I'm don't want to use steel strings, so I am going to use an under saddle piezo pick-up and then have 1 volume and 1 tone knob (just like eleukes). The problem is all the under saddle pick-ups i have seen have "endpin jacks" and seem to plug right into the jack (see picture below). Is there any under saddle piezo that just has wires leading out of it that can be used to wire it to the pots like a normal guitar pick-up? Also, with a piezo, would i want to use 250K or 500K Pots? I also saw something on Stewmac about using a 25K pot after the pre-amp, can someone explain this to me? Is there anything special I should keep in mind while working with piezos? Thanks

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3K1w9KtJMv8/TNZ5MHNFhAI/AAAAAAAAASo/fl_x3Z-rILo/s1600/ust.jpg
nah youre right, you'll want a small pre-amp with the piezo. but most good piezo's come with a preamp, and most ebay ones come with a big bulky preamp/volumecontrol/tone like on acoustic guitars (unsuitable for a ukelele obviously).

but yeah, just cut the wire, solder in your preamp and volume/tone, then wire it up to the jack. too easy. you could also take out the endpin jack, and use a normal one obviously.

also, i just looked at the picture, and the black bit on the end of the jack looks like a small preamp anyway? check with the seller.
I can across a small vol/treb/bass preamp that I am going to use to run the piezo bridge on my build. It an LS Harmony UK-300N.

It may be suitable for your project and available thru ebay. It specs out at 65mm L x 33 mm W x 40mm D and comes with pickup and endpin.
Gear

1947 Harmony H1215
Walden D350

Califonia CGT-1 (crappy Strat knockoff)
Line-6 Spider IV 15

My LP Build
Quote by krisschmidt
I can across a small vol/treb/bass preamp that I am going to use to run the piezo bridge on my build. It an LS Harmony UK-300N.

http://www.lsharmony.com/product.asp?id=1444
also would work if you wanted only a vol/tone
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb